• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, for years, many predicted FLOPS would not survive because of the Union too. This expectation turned out to be complete and utter nonsense. Similarly, CA's current situation has nothing to do with having voted in a Union and everything to do with incompetent management that drove the place into the ground systematically, and even there the fat lady has not begun to sing yet (even though you may hear her warming up...)

AvantAir will be fine if they are successful in addressing their own internal management issues. If that fails, they may go down, but it will have absolutely nothing to do with having a Union representing the pilots or not. There is just no correlation between those two things no matter how much Union haters want there to be.

My understanding of the predictions of FLOPS' demise have always been because of their tenuous financial position, Have they been union long?

Avantair's CFO just resigned.

Sounds grim for the newly union pilots at Avantair. Bummer. I have experienced job loss entirely too often. I always thought Avantair was a pretty good operation, looking at it from the outside, talking with the pilots on the ramp.

My understanding of the predictions of FLOPS' demise have always been because of their tenuous financial position, Have they been union long?

FlOps is entering their 4th year with a contract. The successful union vote (thanks to the Sheeringa shenanigans) took place in 2006, I believe.

Of course it was about their tenuous financial position until it wasn't... Point is you don't know anymore than anyone else did or does about when or why a company may close its doors.

What sick pleasure do you get making these kinds of pointless predictions such as AvantAir is going to go out of business soon because they voted in a Union? You obviously don't have any facts except your ideological predispositions on the subject. It's not helping anyone directly affected.

Unfortunately I think the company is so far gone at this point, a pilot union is irrelevant. Management (or rather Mismanagement) has ruined a once promising company, and it's too bad because a lot of good people work there and will soon be looking for work in one of the worst economies in our lifetime. One quick glance at their financial filings will tell you they are not long for this world.

that sucks. if management wasnt so greedy and filling their pockets maybe it coulda worked.

same story, different carrier.

Latest resources

Back