Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol, guess that sorta stung a bit.

Say, all those guys you flew with called and want their Atlantic Bucks...or at least an apology from you for waving them in their face and telling them "Captains Prerogative" before shoving them in your pocket.

I'm over the ADIZ thing. Are you over being a total tool?

Maybe you could just tone down the gloat...

I bet your not over off roading in Salt Lake City cause that must have stung your ass a bit? Maybe you could get the SMART union to write in a clause to the contract that states that Gl-ass-pilot can DO whatever & SAY whatever he wants but still keep his jobby?! Also you get a P180 with tires that would put the tires on my Jeep Wrangler to shame! The Untouchable Tool can do no wrong, Ha-Ha!

Last edited:
I bet your not over off roading in Salt Lake City cause that must have stung your ass a bit? Maybe you could get the SMART union to write in a clause to the contract that states that Gl-ass-pilot can DO whatever & SAY whatever he wants but still keep his jobby?! Also you get a P180 with tires that would put the tires on my Jeep Wrangler to shame! The Untouchable Tool can do no wrong, Ha-Ha!

Hell hath no fury like a young pampered punk reminded of his shortcomings.

I think I'll take a runway excursion on a snowy winter 5 years ago over filming an approach and stealing from my FO. You going to answer the question? How does filming an approach on a live leg factor in you 'risk calculation'?

Wait, you did answer it. You said 'It added to it'. But then you go on to say it was 'the other guy' and not your fault as your not a baby sitter. So let me make sure I understand...you're Captain enough to steal money from your crew but you can't control the cockpit...

I'm done with you. (And I still won't be your Linked In pal) Good luck out there.

I think I'll take a runway excursion on a snowy winter 5 years ago over filming an approach and stealing from my FO. You going to answer the question? How does filming an approach on a live leg factor in you 'risk calculation'?

Wait, you did answer it. You said 'It added to it'. But then you go on to say it was 'the other guy' and not your fault as your not a baby sitter. So let me make sure I understand...you're Captain enough to steal money from your crew but you can't control the cockpit...

I'm done with you. (And I still won't be your Linked In pal) Good luck out there.

I was Captain enough to not create bad news! Try not to make anymore news for Avantair... They don't need your help with bad press!

http://aircrewbuzz.blogspot.com/2008/12/avantair-piaggio-p180-landing-at-salt.html

Last edited:
I really can't believe what I'm reading...this speaks volumes for those who were responsible for screening applicants at Avantair.

Last edited:
It also explains how they can fly multiple legs without an elevator and no one notices it missing. With a runway overrun and a ADIZ penetration, glasspilot is providing job security to the FAA enforcement division.

Last edited:
FAR part 91.161

With a runway overrun and a ADIZ penetration, glasspilot is providing job security to the FAA enforcement division.

Because of Gl-ass-pilot ADIZ penetration incident the FAA enforcement division wrote a rule & created a training program for incidents like this... The Avantair pilot group had to do online training on the FAA's website to get a Washington ADIZ certificate of training. Mine is next to my college diploma on the wall!

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...a3a275ddf311d1e0862574a30049e712!OpenDocument

Last edited:
So my incident was pre-rule and pre-training. Interesting.

Look, I'm not perfect. Never said I was. I got sideways on a contaminated runway in a Piaggio. I made a mistake and busted an ADIZ. Both half a decade ago. The runway was a procedural thing that has been corrected. The ADIZ was a lapse in situational awareness. Maybe a big one I concede. I was so focused on the trees I missed the forest.

But it was an honest oversight. I didn't go out trying to bust regs. A little different than stealing money from fellow pilots or filming an approach.

btw, the ADIZ is a violation I get to carry around for the rest of my life. Theft and filming are things that will eventually fade with time as long as the behavior stops. Life ain't fair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back