• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we are overpaid in many cases...

I believe it to be a risk versus reward proposition. Flying is a risk, I use my skills, education, training & experience to calculate that risk to make it safe! For this you should receive above average compensation...

My father is an Orthopedic Surgeon. Performing surgery is a risk that he uses his skills, education, training & experience to calculate that risk to fix a person's broken bones! But in recent years insurance companies now like to pay only a fraction of what the surgery cost so he has quit doing surgery & now only does workers compensation cases as an expert witness in court. Down side is he has to deal with scum bag lawyers... New doctors ask my father how it was back in the 1980's when the insurance companies actually paid.

Bottom line... It really isn't worth it to be a profession anything if there are people like G4dude around.

Last edited:
I believe it to be a risk versus reward proposition. Flying is a risk, I use my skills, education, training & experience to calculate that risk to make it safe! For this you should receive above average compensation...

My father is an Orthopedic Surgeon. Performing surgery is a risk that he uses his skills, education, training & experience to calculate that risk to fix a person's broken bones! But in recent years insurance companies now like to pay only a fraction of what the surgery cost so he has quit doing surgery & now only does workers compensation cases as an expert witness in court. Down side is he has to deal with scum bag lawyers... New doctors ask my father how it was back in the 1980's when the insurance companies actually paid.

Bottom line... It really isn't worth it to be a profession anything if there are people like G4dude around.

How does filming video on a revenue flight during approach to KSEZ factor into that 'risk calculation'?

How does filming video on a revenue flight during approach to KSEZ factor into that 'risk calculation'?

Whoa! That's harsh. :beer::p

Technical question: Is it advisable to declare an emergency in the event of an inflight engine shutdown or failure? :erm:

It added to the risk as I was pilot flying at the time... But it wasn't my idea & I am no ones baby sitter!

How does taking off in a P180 in the Washington D.C. ADIZ with just a VFR squawk to burn off excess fuel factor into the calculation? Almost like painting yourself as a target for surface to air missile batteries that exist in the D.C. area... Maybe next time an Avenger will take a piece out of yours, ass-pilot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/TWQ-1_Avenger

Last edited:
Lol, guess that sorta stung a bit.

Say, all those guys you flew with called and want their Atlantic Bucks...or at least an apology from you for waving them in their face and telling them "Captains Prerogative" before shoving them in your pocket.

I'm over the ADIZ thing. Are you over being a total tool?

Maybe you could just tone down the gloat...

Latest resources

Back