• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Express, we've seen 200% pay offered to pick up open time for the better part of the year. I'd say that's a great place to start "looking" for some money to fund a pay increase. Frankly, I think it's a great place to start the negotiations. Another place? How about all the management bonu$e$? How about all the duplicated middle-management positions on the Express side?

As long as that's pre-concession pay plus an additional 6+% raise and no pbs... and other various improvements...... I'm with you. Everyone here will have a shot at the majors over the next 5-7 years I think. Make the move when you can gentlemen.
Ding,
Winnah, the worst, most expensive thing you can do to Brad is leave, he hates large scale training costs like he hates the sun, garlic, silver, and holy water all put together, never mind wood stakes...

If Skywest Inc is so worried about costs, wouldn't there be significant savings in merging Skywest Airlines and ASA? Isn't that the stated benefit of merging ASA and XJT? And the latter don't even have a common fleet type.

ASA and Skywest, all with Bombadier products should have plenty of commonality that would save millions.

My conclusion, they're not hurting that bad yet....But they'll be happy to nickle and dime the hell out of our combined contract.

If Skywest Inc is so worried about costs, wouldn't there be significant savings in merging Skywest Airlines and ASA? Isn't that the stated benefit of merging ASA and XJT? And the latter don't even have a common fleet type.

ASA and Skywest, all with Bombadier products should have plenty of commonality that would save millions.

My conclusion, they're not hurting that bad yet....But they'll be happy to nickle and dime the hell out of our combined contract.

You won't like the answer. Inc bought ASA because they thought they could make money, they now realize that it isn't quite as easy as they thought, they are having to work at squeezing blood from your stone, but they will continue because they are determined. DAL wanted to get away from owning multiple airlines and Inc was their favorite non union carrier to relieve them of that burden. If DAL decides that they don't want a whole bunch of 50 seaters, how do you think they would get rid of them? Do you think that it is a coincidence that Inc bought 2 carriers that were the some of the largest 50 seat operators for their respective partners. Inc is rabid, foaming at the mouth anti-unionites, and if momma D or papa UCon said we don't want those pesky, expensive gas guzzling 50 seaters, but need a ready pool of freshly unemployed pilots, what do you think Inc would do? Why hasn't the merger been completed? You guys are livestock, circling in a Temple Grandlin fashion, waiting to be turned into hamburger to feed the grist mill that we all work in. Why do you think Brad is still is on the SKYW seniority list, they sent one of the family's own hatchet man to do the dirty work? Inc will never merge SKYW with anyone else, it's their pristine baby and they want to keep it un-diluted.

Last edited:

But that would eliminate tens of high-paying management jobs! And since the "job creators" are the ones that make these decisions, how likely is it that a merger actually happens?

I'm not looking for industry leading- hasn't served anyone well. ASA and Expressjet will NEVER be merged in to SkyWest. They've made their money back from their investment several years ago, and they'd shut us down before they'd ever pour a dime from the caugher into this place........they aren't going to run it while it costs them money, and they aren't going to merge it. So, the alternative is..............very ugly.

To the ASA'ers on here- I'm not interested in bleeding for the Xjet guys and the retro pay they want from the concessions they gave up years ago.

Yes, the majors are going to hire in a year- hopefully. When they do, it will be a privelage to move on, and not a right. Hope for the best, plan on the worst- there are only a handfull of airlines now to move on to, and in many respects, some of the contracts they have are worse than what we have now.

With that being said, I'm not interested in lowering the bar, or taking a pay cut. I'm also not interested in subsidizing this place with my own blood, and sweat. However, I am looking for a contract that improves QOL and allows me to pace the race........I'd rather finish for the long haul and have money in my pocket, than sprint a short distance to fall on my face in an unemployment line.

You won't like the answer. Inc bought ASA because they thought they could make money, they now realize that it isn't quite as easy as they thought, they are having to work at squeezing blood from your stone, but they will continue because they are determined..

So what do you propose? We adopt the current ASA contract???? No thanks.
Or better yet maybe the current TransStates contract? Then maybe big D will like everyone better? They're going to treat us like animals either way, we should fight for the best we can get. Rolling over just means we'll be miserable up until the point they put a gun to our heads.

So what do you propose? We adopt the current ASA contract???? No thanks.
Or better yet maybe the current TransStates contract? Then maybe big D will like everyone better? They're going to treat us like animals either way, we should fight for the best we can get. Rolling over just means we'll be miserable up until the point they put a gun to our heads.
I do not propose anything except a long term perspective of Inc. Knowing who you are dealing with gives perspective. If you think rolling over will buy you some white space, think again, playing hardball may or not yield results. You are in a difficult position, the only thing Inc cannot deal with is losing money, if you put them in a position as to where they are losing money, they will roll over and show their belly. Too much loss and they will chain the doors and walk away.
PBR

I do not propose anything except a long term perspective of Inc. Knowing who you are dealing with gives perspective. If you think rolling over will buy you some white space, think again, playing hardball may or not yield results. You are in a difficult position, the only thing Inc cannot deal with is losing money, if you put them in a position as to where they are losing money, they will roll over and show their belly. Too much loss and they will chain the doors and walk away.
PBR

Exactly, rolling over will get you nothing and playing hardball may or may not yield results. I prefer playing hardball and potentially getting results. As to INC making money, that's up to them. And even much of that is out of their hands. We could give them the world and if the deck is stacked against them, they'll lose money...

Latest resources

Back