• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's all Comair wanted...That's all ACA wanted...That's all Horizon wanted.....See a trend?

Oh no! We should all cower in a corner and just be happy with whatever our benevolent management will find in their hearts to give us! Thank you, Sir, may I have another?:bawling:

Joe, you've got to be kidding. If it were up to you, we would all work for free to keep the company competitive so we could have a job.

Thank God there have been pilots who have come before you who actually had a pair a demanded fair contracts because I hate to think what this industry would be like if people like you had your way.

Oh no! We should all cower in a corner and just be happy with whatever our benevolent management will find in their hearts to give us! Thank you, Sir, may I have another?:bawling:

Joe, you've got to be kidding. If it were up to you, we would all work for free to keep the company competitive so we could have a job.

Thank God there have been pilots who have come before you who actually had a pair a demanded fair contracts because I hate to think what this industry would be like if people like you had your way.

Ahhh...The ASA village idiot speaks...

The CMR pilots had a pair and demanded fair contracts...Many others have...Despite this, the industry now pays less than half it did 20 years ago...Why is that Mr Expert? How come these big balled pilots haven't been able to protect our pay and work rules? Go ahead big talker and explain to us cowering in the corner why these people haven't been able to stop the slide...Go ahead, I'm all ears....

Ahhh...The ASA village idiot speaks...

The CMR pilots had a pair and demanded fair contracts...Many others have...Despite this, the industry now pays less than half it did 20 years ago...Why is that Mr Expert? How come these big balled pilots haven't been able to protect our pay and work rules? Go ahead big talker and explain to us cowering in the corner why these people haven't been able to stop the slide...Go ahead, I'm all ears....

The reason pilots haven't been able to stop the slide is because there has always been an ample supply of new pilots willing to do anything to get that quick upgrade and "magic 1,000" in PIC. Things are about to change as that supply is drying up due to training costs, tight credit and the degradation of this career to something few folks are willing to do for the time and money it takes. The Majors will never have a shortage of pilots but the regionals will and that is why you feel threatened.

Let's face it, you've made your bed at a regional and you don't want that regional to fail so you're willing to sell your soul (and everyone else's) to keep it afloat. You probably couldn't get hired at a major so now you're just a bitter 50 seat RJ captain hoping not to end up like the Comair folks back in the right seat after 20 years.

...and by the way, I'd rather be the village idiot than management's two bit whore.

The reason pilots haven't been able to stop the slide is because there has always been an ample supply of new pilots willing to do anything to get that quick upgrade and "magic 1,000" in PIC. Things are about to change as that supply is drying up due to training costs, tight credit and the degradation of this career to something few folks are willing to do for the time and money it takes. The Majors will never have a shortage of pilots but the regionals will and that is why you feel threatened.

Let's face it, you've made your bed at a regional and you don't want that regional to fail so you're willing to sell your soul (and everyone else's) to keep it afloat. You probably couldn't get hired at a major so now you're just a bitter 50 seat RJ captain hoping not to end up like the Comair folks back in the right seat after 20 years.

...and by the way, I'd rather be the village idiot than management's two bit whore.

That sums of Joe Merchant. If it wasn't for PFT, he would be working at Walmart.

Just curious. Where does a company get the money to pay huge contract gains when they are basically breaking even? I'm not saying I don't want it, or don't think we don't deserve it......but where do they get it? The basic problem is, they can't just charge Delta/UAL more money, because the rates are set. So, where does the money come from?

Just curious. Where does a company get the money to pay huge contract gains when they are basically breaking even? I'm not saying I don't want it, or don't think we don't deserve it......but where do they get it? The basic problem is, they can't just charge Delta/UAL more money, because the rates are set. So, where does the money come from?
SKYW said they would increase their income substantially (I don't have the number offhand) when they finalize the XJT ASA merger. That would be a place to get a chunk for ourselves. Inc has a lot of cash in the bank... Maybe they could get rid of some the the HR that is responsible for all they touchy feely programs ASA has..... They bought us knowing full well what we cost, and should have future plans other than slash from the bottom to add to their bottom line. I'm not asking for a 200% raise, but a little bump and improvements across the board in work rules (fine tune xjt's we have good work rules), retirement etc isn't asking too much. And add any good asa contract areas.

1. fewer idiotic management decisions
2. fewer idiotic staffing decisions by scheduling
3. fewer idiotic decisions by maintenance parts management

1= stop pissing off the people directly responsible for making this "well oiled machine" operate....piss off the pilots and mechanics and count on getting NO help when the wheels come off as they so often do.

2= see #1

3= fix the f'n planes! damn.....

SKYW said they would increase their income substantially (I don't have the number offhand) when they finalize the XJT ASA merger. That would be a place to get a chunk for ourselves. Inc has a lot of cash in the bank... Maybe they could get rid of some the the HR that is responsible for all they touchy feely programs ASA has..... They bought us knowing full well what we cost, and should have future plans other than slash from the bottom to add to their bottom line. I'm not asking for a 200% raise, but a little bump and improvements across the board in work rules (fine tune xjt's we have good work rules), retirement etc isn't asking too much. And add any good asa contract areas.
take PBS...please somebody take this debacle, uhhh, I mean AWESOME bidding system. :)

Latest resources

Back