ASA CRJ7 lines worst ever created!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
silverandsoar said:
You might also give the guy a few months to get into the flow.

He has been involved with crew planning for the last year to year and a half. Talk to the people that actually work for him if you want to know whats going on.

texx - or should i call you pete - you are undoubtedly - an idiot. The guys who work in planning, and have been for years, are the problem. Kevin will do his best to fix it. The guys in planning should and better be nervous. They arent happy Kevin is there cause they think they can do it without him. Kevin is not the problem and the lines just didnt suddenly go bad. Next time you go to dinner with Jay and Randy dont drink so much.

crjskipper said:
texx - or should i call you pete - you are undoubtedly - an idiot. The guys who work in planning, and have been for years, are the problem. Kevin will do his best to fix it. The guys in planning should and better be nervous. They arent happy Kevin is there cause they think they can do it without him. Kevin is not the problem and the lines just didnt suddenly go bad. Next time you go to dinner with Jay and Randy dont drink so much.

What a putz.

The planners are TOLD what to do. 80 hour lines, how many lines etc... Half of the planners have been there for 5+ years. The lines began the turn downward about August 2005. This was directed by Gary Gross.

If your brother Kevin would listen to the people around him, management and non, that have been at this longer than he has been at ASA he might learn something.

I must say that you are correct on only 1 things, the lines began going south as I have stated above. Ask Kevin why he wants 5 day trips. I doubt that this pilot group would like them but hey, Kevin is here to help.

Texx - your drinking with Randy again. The lines have gotten better and worse sporadically since last Feb. Ask any 700 pilot. MM was a terrible manager but the two planners are no better. Think they are glad to have Kevin there. He's there to make it better - that tells them they werent doing a good job, which they werent. A managers job is not to do the job - it's to oversee it. The original lines on the 700 had 5 days - Kevin had them wack them, more mistakes were obviosly made.

Like I said before - he has been there for three weeks. He's a pilot. If you have ever met or flown with him he is a good guy. It wont happen overnight. Cut him slack. If you think the team he inherited is made of better stuff you dont know jack.

crjskipper said:
1. MM was a terrible manager but the two planners are no better.

2. Think they are glad to have Kevin there. He's there to make it better - that tells them they werent doing a good job, which they werent. A managers job is not to do the job - it's to oversee it.

3.The original lines on the 700 had 5 days - Kevin had them wack them, more mistakes were obviosly made.

4. Like I said before - he has been there for three weeks.

5. He's a pilot. If you have ever met or flown with him he is a good guy.

6. If you think the team he inherited is made of better stuff you dont know jack.

1. Mike was a great guy until the job go to him.

2. Do a double take. I don't think so. To oversee something you should know the job.

3. Uh, I doubt it was Kevin. He and Scott Hall were pushing for 5 days for the last several months, even when Gary Gross said don't.

4. Kevin has been breathing over their shoulder for the last 9 to 12 months. He still doesn't know how to do the job.

5. I didn't say he was a bad person. Has every pilot or person you've ever know been a "great guy"?

6. This sounds like a statement from a 200 hour FO saying he knows more than a 15,000 hour captain.

He needs to spend more time learning the job, how to build pairings and lines.

Last post on this because im dealing with a child. Kevin was asked to see why the lines and pairings were so bad a year ago.

It is very clear to all of us that our pairings are not good. 14 hours of duty for 6 hours of flying. Not very efficient use. The guys building the lines dont see that. They look at the average results - three day blocked at 18 hours = excellence. They dont care if there are swaps between every turn and 3 hour appreciation breaks.

MM is a very good guy - just not a good sceduling manager. Kevin wasnt put there to build the lines - thats the job of the two guys who work for him who have been building lines. His job is to make it better. No good boss steps in and takes over on the first day. Surprized his two planners arent thrilled he's there - no shocker, they both want his job.

Ive flown with Kevin and talked to him alot on our trip about the stuff he saw and was working on. He doesnt tell the planners what to do - parameters are built into a computer that contructs the lines. Kevin is trying to get that part worked out. The planners take the result and make sure it is legal and massage it.

Randy, I mean Texx - does Kevin know you are posting and not working on the lines.

I'll look around our crew room and see if there is any KY that we can send you guys. We've been dealing with terrible lines for months now, but crew planning/mangt. has hit a new low. 13 max days off for April. Cough, cough, sneeze. . . ah I think im starting to feel sick.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back