• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Concessions!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They already know where these planes are going. This is just an end run for our contracts. I just found out that the 8 700's for next year are coming to us, even though we did not take concessions. Those were part of the carrot. They were mentioned along with the other jets every time they talked about it. This is a game and a person would be a fool to play.

General.

I think that is what the customer wants as well. Reliable, comfortable, convenient, service, with a few amenities for traveling without the BIG seat.

I would personally rather see all 45 of these aircraft to be 700's, on our certificate, flown by mainline pilots. Never gonna happen, but it would be nice for all.

BTW to all that say that a pay freeze is not a concession...

definition: 1)the act of conceding, granting, or yielding.
concede: 1)to yield or grant
we would be doing most of these to agree to this proposal.

Listen some of you. Just because we agree to the concessions, doesn't mean that we will get any of these aircraft (if they even exist)!

"ASA is one of the best managed and most profitable regional airlines in the world, and offers team members competitive compensation, excellent benefits (including worldwide travel privileges) and opportunities for advancement in a team oriented environment."

This quote was taken directly from the ASA recruiting page, from flyasa.com.

Anyone care to comment??

I disagree

e120pilot said:
Like it or not, ASA pilots have virtually no power to bargain with.

Don't sell yourself short.

The trick will be getting released by the NMB but if you do - can Delta afford to have over 100 airplanes taken out of service?

"Diluting the hub" with other portfolio carriers is a sham management hopes you buy in to.

Expect the transfer of aircraft and flying. They did that to Comair. They threatened us with Mesa in Cincinnati. But at what cost to the company? Don't drink the kool aid. 100 airplanes is 100 airplanes. Make them eat their threats.

Last edited:
At the last union meeting in DFW they said don't expect a new contract for 18 months. Add the 10 month break the company wants and that's 28 months. I KNOW it's not concessions, but it's almost 2 1/2 years of the status quo. The economy is firing up and in the spring we'll be negotiating pay, etc. The company knows it will have to give on pay and QOL sooner or later and they would rather it be later. That's why they haven't sped things up to take advantage of the economy. Read the minutes on the ALPA site and the company has stalled and delayed through the whole process, and the pace hasn't picked up since SY left like some thought it would.

Mgmt wants the company to grow just like we do, that's why they're mgmt, it's in their blood. I can't believe ASA/CA mgmt like seeing our potential going to the lowest bidder. They can work with DAL without selling us out while they don't kick in a little themselves. ASA has already said "no" to new bases, so where would the jets go. They could get an agreement from us and then say they didn't like what bases DAL offered.

If there is someone who would sell themselves out for a few jets let them. If they come to ASA we can put some furloughees to work. If they go CHQ or Mesa I hope it includes J4J ( I can't believe I said that).

What if we agree and DAL sends the jets elsewhere saying ASA didn't do enough. Then we're in big trouble. At the minimum any agreement would have to include a guarantee from DAL that we WILL get the jets, along with retro, plus. Not just that we can have the opportunity throw our hats in the ring. And if we don't get the jets, the whole deal is off.

Where does the assumption come from that we we agree to a contract extension that our negotiations will continue. Friends, if we agree to an extension and exit from Section 6 negotiations, that's it for negotiations. The company will have no obligation to continue to negotiate a current contract. When did we start negotiations? After the amendable date. We will throw away the last year of work and start over again in another year. That will make the next contract signing in the 2007 era. All this for "a chance to bid". No thanks!

ASA and Comair make more money than any other DCI carrier. You guys need to take your focus off of pilot salaries as to the only factor in making a profit. DAL is going to sell a seat for the same price whether or not ASA, Comair, or Skywest fly the route (and there are several routes where this does happen). They have to because UAL and AA and whoever else sell for the relative same price. But, the big difference is Skywest et. al. have their own shareholders that are demanding and receiving profits. These profits are profits that DAL is willing to give up in order to maintain their belief that this whipsaw will pay them dividends in the end. Don't you find it ironic that DAL can turn a couple hundred million dollar operating profit for a quater into a loss and then blame the labor unions.

GET REAL!

At the last union meeting in DFW they said don't expect a new contract for 18 months. Add the 10 month break the company wants and that's 28 months.

I disagree.

in approximately 9 months, with no real headway on the new contract, we will be taking a strike vote. The company will not be able to proceed with the status quo for 18 - 28 months. We will strike well before that.

Why would anyone think that working without a contract would be worth a few airplanes? A few new upgrades, a few more lines to choose from. Big whoop! Unbelievable- I think Comair set precedent on this one. I vote no.

Palerider,

i thought this too, but then a former CHQ pilot who's now at Comair mentioned that CHQ could have access to a similar number of ERJs. DCI could just sell the CRJs to someone else and let CHQ get the ERJs instead...

>I'm just glad Chihuahua doesn't fly the CRJ, otherwise they would be chomping at the bit to get all of those planes. The training/maint. costs probably puts them a little behind.

Latest resources

Back