Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EV120

Are we there yet?
Just recieved a negotiations updats from our MEC. Seems DCI has asked ASA to make a proposal to fly these 45 RJ's.

The companies proposal is that we leave section 6 and change our amendable date to 09/04 from 09/02. There would be some negotiated retro pay supossedly.

Are they smoking crack over there or what? They cant get the concessions from Comair, and now they ask us? These aircraft are not guarenteed even if we do leave negotiations.

To the ASA MEC and CNC, my vote is no. Just like your brothers at comair.

Right On.

I have to agree with EV120. I think continuing with our current contract negotiations is in our best interest. I am fairly junior and would like nothing more than to have 40+ new a/c on property. As everyone in the know likes to say, we could comply with Fred's request and still not get the planes because ASA cannot guarantee them to us. No shortcuts, let's continue with negotiations and achieve our contractual goals.

Some (Most?) of us will be here for a long time. Let's make ASA a place we can stand to be, even if we don't grow as quickly as we wish.

AT

P.S. Comair; Kudos to you for not bending over. This ASA pilot thanks you.

Tellin my reps "NO" to changing the amenable date. Might change to a yes if:
(1) ASA and Comair Merged,
(2) The resulting Company "operated" by Delta and
(3) Delta signed the contract with scope provisions to end outsourced flying.

Anything less is not a "good faith" offer to the pilots.

Right now we are asked to give "something" for nothing - forget it.

~~~^~~~

Section 6 is moving expenses. Extending negotiations is probably good for us as the economy picks up. I don't have a problem with that. Delta had better get a biz plan that works- pay cuts at our level will not help out.

I am absolutely not willing to even consider concessions....it's as simple as that. We make a pittance for our work and that is shameful. The only concession I would consider is a raise that brought us on par with CMR.

With what fins said, I would be willing to change the amenable date with a CMR/ASA merger and SERIOUS QOL improvements....nothing less.

Unless they come up with a star-spangled contract, I will vote NO.:mad:

Just read my email- NO WAY!!! They can go straight to he!! Where is that # for truckmasters?

One other thing.....the CMR group was solid enough to refuse concessions--especially when we are in contract talks. For us to cave would be a DISGRACE.

Don't worry guys, I think our guys will give some sort of a paycut shortly. I can see it already. But, Delta will still pressure you regardless because "THEY CAN." They want to lower everyones pay, and keep bonuses for themselves. There will always be someone who will do it for less.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

I vote no!

I agree that this is a slap in the face.

As a first yr pilot with ASA I also will say no.

SB hinted at this at his fisrt meeting this week, I did not pick up his hint.

He said " We saw what the comair pilot group decided, and they made that decision believing that was best for them as a group/company."

He then began talking about these 45 airplanes DCI is asking for a bid on and said 6 companies have been asked to bid on these 2005/06 deliveries. That, ASA will have to evaluate there long term cost to try and compete for these aircraft.

6 companies: ASA,Comair,Skywest,ACA(?), Chataquah, ?

who is the 6th, anybody care to guess?

Strictly looking from a business perspective, this only makes sense for they company and DAL/DCI.

I dont understand why they dont offer some sort of gaurantee of the # of planes in order to make the offer more realistic. I know you start low and work your way up, but cmon.

In a very lame kind of way I guess DAL is working up, by offering us back pay, and simply asking to delay the contract, they know that would by them about 4 yrs of time if they slowed negotiations when the began again.

let the games begin!

Medeco

OHH, I also wanted to mention the "Bid" for DCI is due Dec 15th 2003

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back