• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Concessions!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enough said fellow aviator. You did PFT didn't you? Whether you prefer to look at it in a SWA context or some other way, you plunked down many thousands of dollars and paid for your job at Comair. Original sin, starting from day one making the industry cheaper. As to your follow up quip, I fly for SkyWest. Right about now I am not proud of my employer. I guess the difference is when we did our part to lower the bar. You did it a while ago and now some how feel absolved of your sins as its been a few years. My company is doing its part now. If you like to lord that over me, feel free. Do so with the knowledge that once you suk a d1ck, your a d1ck suker for life. When the starters gun went off, you led the race.

Ok. Not all SW pilots have to pay for their job, just the ones who do not have a type.

Russ, no, for the tenth time, I did not buy my job. And I would never agree to whore my self out like the pathetic whore you are. You people agreed to fly a 99 seat jet at 50 seat rates so you could get more brand new shiny jets. You spineless b astards are what is wrong with the industry. SKYWEST and MESA pilots have created a situation that we will be fighting for a long time.

Pathetic, just pathetic....

OK, thats fine. I voted no on the pay TA, but WE as a pilot group voted yes. So if you want to collectively bash me because I am part of that group, fire for effect. I take some consolation knowing I did my personal part by voting no. Personal accountability is about all we have unless your in management as far as change is concerned. I know I did my part by voting no, I also know you did your part by buying your job. Again, back to personal accountability...
As you post your holier than thou diatribes, consider how many discount what you have to say as your a hypocrite who bought his job.

I have said my peace on the issue, I cede the last word to you.

About this pay for training thing. ASA came to UND many years ago. Selected 26 instructors to interview. 11 of the 26 were sent to flight safety to undergo 6 written tests, one psych test, a sim ride. This resulted in 4 or 5 offers of employment. I think in the end only three took the job. But they were offered the job first, contingent on pay for training. In the end 50% was returned to the pilots when pay for training went away. I know it's a strech but these guys were Qualified, had more than 1200 hrs, interviewed, tested, hired. If it was just about buying a job dont you think the company would just take anyone who could afford to pay?

Russ. I'll have a last last word.

I did not buy my job. When you ask, and I answer, that should settle it. If you are sure about the answer, why ask?

I explained it before. Not all pilots hired had to pay. I was hired as a ground instructor, agreed to ground instruct for two years.

Last edited:
Enough PMS

As for PFT--Who CARES!

Does anyone have any more info. regarding managements proposal?? Let's try to return focus to this thread.

Does anyone have any info. re: who is going to get the DO328's?? Comair guys seem to think they are coming their way, any reason for this? I guess we really don't have room for them in Atlanta anyway.

Thanks Palerider,
Let's keep the thread about what it was started for. Let the pft wankers get make their own.
I think it would be BIG mistake if those Dork-jets were sent here. Delta hates them and the defered list is as long as the wx package. Big D should put them on Ebay and let some South American country pick them up for their mainline ac...you know, just like the DC-3's!

That bad??

Are the DO jets that bad?? I remember when we first took delivery of the 700's. They were serious hanger queens, 701 showed up broken!!! It's taken awhile, but maint. has figured out how to service them and reliability has gone way up.

It wouldn't surprise me if the probs. with the 328's were largely at maint. apptitude issue.

Anyway, I would love to have them--growth is growth. I'm not willing to take concessions, or bend over for them, but if offered it would be great to add to the inventory. Just my opinion, anyway SB (as posted earlier) when asked if we would get them, told the group to "think more rationally."

So, I guess our growth is about done.

I know I promised you the last word, sorry but one more..

I have yet to meet/read about a Comair pilot from the PFT days who will admit to buying the job. It seems like there were a hundred other back door, ala flight instructor routes to getting in w/o dropping coin. No one want s to admit to it, can't blame them.

Latest resources

Back