Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any comebacks for the 'small plane' comment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Captain I was flying with was 'short' on the small plane subject...
Boarding Pax: "Wow, this thing sure is small"
Captain (turns around in his seat and yells): "It's bigger than your Chevy Metro,.. you smarta$$"!!!

Another one:
Pax: "Wow, it's small"
Flight Attendant: "That's kinda personal, but haven't you heard size doesn't matter? It's what you do with it that counts"

Quoted-The best is when the fine residents of Beaumont and Alexandria start bitching about the size of the aircraft. You A$$holes are lucky its a jet.

No kiddin! Ya should have seen em when we took BPT for ya in the EMB-120 for awhile. Enraged! Got asked by one passenger why they lost their jet service? To give other pilots a perspective here- these oil rich "Tycoons" in Beaumont are alot like the MRY, SUN, and Vail crowds. Too good to travel this way.

In perspective- If their rich uncle showed up to get em in his Lear 24, the only thing they would think is small is their own pocketbook.

olympus593 said:
The Airtran guy's love it when you tell ground: Roger we'll follow the DC-9.

Doesn't bother me, the ole -9 was a mans airplane.

I usually tell them: "at least its a short walk to the bathroom".....then under my breath...."because you no doubt have the runs from this mexican sh!thole we're whisking you away from"

charlie2 said:
Ya I got demoted to this thing after "the incident"

Okay THIS one I like! Good one...

The only one I used to use that I haven't seen yet is:

Stare incredulously at the airplane and exclaim "They MAKE airplanes bigger than this?"

The best is when the fine residents of Beaumont and Alexandria start bitching about the size of the aircraft. You A$$holes are lucky its a jet.

The good people of Beaumont wont have the jungle jet to complain about anymore, if I'm not mistaken I believe they gave BPT to Colgan and the Saabs.

"Sorry Sir, If we knew you were coming today we'd have ordered you the big plane"

You could always respond with " you're right, which means there'll be less fuel for the post-crash fire." That should shut em up.

I like the cubicle ones...

"Hey, I don't come to your place of employment and comment on how small your office is!"

Latest resources

Back