Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any comebacks for the 'small plane' comment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not small. It's COZY! Think of it as a hug with wings.

I find that a glaring stare from the flight deck makes them feel uneasy about that last comment. Sometimes they forget we can hear them.

I used to love parking next to the 1900Cs in LGA. People would bitch about the size of the SAAB and I'd just point to LVS or "The Flagship" and they'd shut right up.

The best one I heard (I reluctantly had to give them credit) were a couple of businessmen that were following me in the terminal. They didn't know I was listening. Their comment was, "They're probably going to sit us right in between Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper." It was orginal and I hadn't heard it before. It got a chuckle.

The best is when the fine residents of Beaumont and Alexandria start bitching about the size of the aircraft. You A$$holes are lucky its a jet. Jesus, you're lucky it's a plane. Just shut up and take a seat or get in your car.

AviatorTx said:
Smaller planes for smaler airfares. People should shut the heck up and be happy with their $100 internet fare.

Amen!

My buddy was on a Saab deadheading one day and they were late inbound due to storm deviations. As they were getting off, the guy in front of him turns around and asks my buddy if they were late because of weather deviations? My buddy said yes. At that point, the pax turns to his friend and says "See? These little planes have to go around the storms. Jets.....they just fly right on through."
Dumba$$.

I don't have any good comebacks for the "little plane" comment because for the last 4 years or so, I have been so disgusted by the flying public that I just keep the door closed until they are all off so I don't have to hear their stupid comments. Actually, I have a good one....
"Go Fuk yourself"

While flying the 1900D into some of the smaller airports we service someone said eww it's so small. So I said yes indeed it was and said I had to go twist the rubber bands otherwise we are never gonna get outta here.

Jobear

I'll probably get flamed for this, but....

If the folks talking are over age 45 or so, you might cut them a little slack. I can remember lots of Convair flights, and a seat in a Convair was like a LazyBoy compared to a CRJ. I'm not dissin' the plane or crews, just the seats...

After I finally got to be a Capt on an RJ I heaard a women board and ask the FA if "this was one of those prop planes". So much for pax demanding jets.

Jobear said, "...I had to go twist the rubber bands otherwise we are never gonna get outta here."

You think that is funny, but in 96' I was flying the Jetstream 31. After each leg we would go out and spin the prop by hand 15-20 rotations in order to cool the shaft of the Garrett.

When the pax asked if you wound the rubber bands it was because they saw you doing it from the terminal window!

Heard that comment deadheading in the back of the Dash when the guys pushed the props up on approach.

Here's my list for the "this airplane is so small...." thing.

1. So's your sperm count.
2. So are your wife's hoo hoo's.
3. Bend over and I'll show you where we put the wind up key.
4. Won't seem so small when I shove it up your a$$.
5. That's exactly what I thought when I saw it the first time.... an hour ago.
6. Your little girl sure has a pretty mouth.....
7. Please don't rock the boat. It might sink.

I was stading next to the FA greeting passengers as they got on our CRJ, when a cocky businessman with the cellphone wire sticking out of his ear (you know the kind, the ones with the self-precieved self-importance) said, "I can't believe how small this thing is!"

Without missing a beat, the FA says,"That's because the plane is cold right now. It gets bigger when it warms up!"

The business man nodded his head and went for his seat. He got about 10 feet down the aisle when it hit him. He just stopped and busted up laughing, hopefully he realized what a stupid comment he made!

C425Driver

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back