• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems pretty clear to me that SWAPA doesn't envision any of their pilots flying the 717. Hence, they don't give a crap if it pays at all!

Seem's to me that you were quite happy to fly those 717's at your rates before the 26th with your spanken brand new contract , why the change of heart?

Greed it's a mighty powerful intoxicant

Seem's to me that you were quite happy to fly those 717's at your rates before the 26th with your spanken brand new contract , why the change of heart?

Greed it's a mighty powerful intoxicant

It's not about the money. He just doesn't like being paid less money than SWAPA pilots. But it's not about the money. :confused:

I still think arbitration could yield a more fair list. We'll see how it ends, but don't take crap from your new "brothers and sisters."

Godspeed to YOU!

OYS

I think your right. You should pursue that.

And you will never be my brother, brother.

Hey OYS,

Do you think arbitration will bring AT a better result?

You haven't been very clear on that for the past 500 posts.

For the love of Pete......

It's not about the money. He just doesn't like being paid less money than SWAPA pilots. But it's not about the money. :confused:

And you think it's fair? A B-scale is fair? The 717 is newer, nicer, and the same size as the 737-500, but should pay A LOT less? I've got another question for you Andy? When did you switch to the Dark Side? Lorenzo would LUV you. If you want equal work, you pay equal pay for same sized planes. The SLI will be determined by someone on the outside, and that will mean it is fair. That was a part of the deal, signed by each party. That is something you seem to overlook. No soup for you!

OYS

And you think it's fair? A B-scale is fair? The 717 is newer, nicer, and the same size as the 737-500, but should pay A LOT less? I've got another question for you Andy? When did you switch to the Dark Side? Lorenzo would LUV you. If you want equal work, you pay equal pay for same sized planes. The SLI will be determined by someone on the outside, and that will mean it is fair. That was a part of the deal, signed by each party. That is something you seem to overlook. No soup for you!

I went over to the dark side sometime after age 65 passed and I got furloughed for my second time. I'm no longer angry when I get scrued by my ALPO 'brothers' because I'm already expecting it. ... want to know what I anticipate the UALMEC to get for selling all UAL furloughees' seniority in the integration? A pack of gum. And it's already been opened with two pieces missing. So for three pieces of gum, I expect all UAL furloughees to go below every CAL furloughee. ... at least I won't be disappointed.
And then as soon as I get back on property, I expect age 70 to pass due to an ALPO backroom deal. Again, I won't be disappointed when it happens.
So I hope that answers your dark side question.

As for the AAI/SWA merge, I don't like that the AAI pilots are being filled with false expectations of how things are going to magically go well for them in arbitration. There are some very bad things that can happen to them prior to and after any ruling. To minimize those possibilities to the AAI pilots is misleading and disingenuous.

As for my retort, an AAI pilot was complaining about the possibility of staying on AAI payscales for the 717. After many an AAI pilot has stated that it's not about the money. If it's not about the money then staying on the same payscale completely nullifies the counterargument that it IS (at least partially) about the money.

Last edited:
Where is Bob by the way?

He was in concert here in Tucson in July. I skipped it. I liked him long, long ago before I realized that every single song sounded/was the same.

He's currently on tour in Europe, if you're Jonesing to hear 'Blowin' in the Wind'. http://www.bobdylan.com/tour

Me? After 11+ years on UAL's seniority list, Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' is on a continuous loop inside my cranium case.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back