• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If its zero cost, why does SWA insist on a type rating prior to interview/hiring?

BECAUSE IT REDUCES TRAINING REQUIRED FOR QUALIFICATION, THUS REDUCING DIRECT COSTS TO THE AIRLINE.

Duh.

And it demonstrates who is "dedicated" enough to shell out $8K for training SWA should be paying for.

Wait, in this new economic environment, maybe the company can't afford it, or ANYTHING! Especially not the 717 rates equaling the 737. That might send them straight to BK! Watch out..... It was ok 1 month ago, but everything has changed since then...

Godspeed!

OYS

Wait, in this new economic environment, maybe the company can't afford it, or ANYTHING! Especially not the 717 rates equaling the 737. That might send them straight to BK! Watch out..... It was ok 1 month ago, but everything has changed since then...

Godspeed!

OYS

And boy does she know bankruptcy court. OYS probably has the PBGC on speed dial.

GODSPEED!

And boy does she know bankruptcy court. OYS probably has the PBGC on speed dial.

GODSPEED!

Sasha,

I now have a DC fund, so that won't be my problem. Don't you know that number too from EAL? Oh wait, were you a scab? Nevertheless, if you don't turn your attitude around currently, you may need that number again someday. The big question is, will Ty be senior to you coming up here? I hope so.

Godspeed!

OYS

Sasha,

I now have a DC fund, so that won't be my problem. Don't you know that number too from EAL? Oh wait, were you a scab? Nevertheless, if you don't turn your attitude around currently, you may need that number again someday. The big question is, will Ty be senior to you coming up here? I hope so.

Godspeed!

OYS

You are one angry bit c I mean chick. I hope in several days it will pass for a month :)

Is that DC fund going grow when your furloughed again sweetie? I know who Ty is and no, he won't be senior to me even with relative which ain't happening anyway.

Being a new hire again, facing furlough again AND a change of life occurring all at once I'm sure is difficult for you but there are some Meds you could take.....

GODSPEED!

Is that DC fund going grow when your furloughed again sweetie? I know who Ty is and no, he won't be senior to me even with relative which ain't happening anyway.

Being a new hire again, facing furlough again AND a change of life occurring all at once I'm sure is difficult for you but there are some Meds you could take.....

GODSPEED!

Furloughed again? Wow, you must still think you are at Eastern. Look old guy, first there is a flowdown to Compass or Mesaba if it ever happened again. Next, more profits for this quarter, and yearly projected profits too. Bag fees alone hit more than $900 million last year. Then, add huge retirement numbers, something you won't have. You will have stagnation, and younger Airtran guys going infront of you after the SLI. No wonder you are irritable. Maybe you have irritable bowel syndrome. That's it! Lay off the quesadillas in ELP.

Godspeed!

OYS

Then why are you paid so little? Why do you make less than Airtran? If it wasn't for gouging your passengers for bag fees, you would have bled red like a stuffed pig. Your on the bottom of the list sweetie. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Never argue with something that can bleed for 7 days without dying. Just saying.

Never argue with something that can bleed for 7 days without dying. Just saying.

Careful now she's bound to get hysterical.

Hey sweetie when ya calm down go make me a sandwich.

Latest resources

Back