• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran expansion likely, says Hoeksema

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pax loads were good on my trip last week...even midweek. Most flights out of the Florida cltles are full.

We've been in the high 90's to completely full on almost every flight, and I'm flying the crappy BWI-DAY, DAY-LGA, LGA-PHF stuff.

Except that I really like the PHF overnights. Good hotel, long overnight, free breakfast, RIGHT beside the mall, lots of good places to get beer and food when you first get in, and free Bally's right across the road so I can keep trying to get my fat a*s back into shape... :D

Someone sold almost 14,000 of Midwest shares right at the end of Friday trading day, hmmm.... what does that mean, wonder if they know something we don't know.

Maybe they are thinking that the deal might not go through? Because once airTran pulls out of the deal their shares will go up and Midwest shares will take a hit.

Maybe they are thinking that the deal might not go through? Because once airTran pulls out of the deal their shares will go up and Midwest shares will take a hit.

well the flightinfo warren buffet was wrong as it closed the week at $14.10 and not tanked to $5 like he/she predicted. AAI peaked right after the exchange offer at $12.88 on January 16. it appears the market does not want this to happen. AAI was hurting before this midwest merger talks as the stock was down close to 50% since March of 2006. perhaps with their stock deflated the midwest deal was a defensive manuever to avoid their own buyout talks.

AAI peaked right after the exchange offer at $12.88 on January 16. it appears the market does not want this to happen.
Yeah, the stock peaked, and hasn't retreated significantly since. I think it's a bit early to say the market doesn't want it to happen. People are keeping the Midwest stock WAY too overinflated to state that.

AAI was hurting before this midwest merger talks as the stock was down close to 50% since March of 2006.
You might clarify that AAI stockholders were hurting. The airline has been doing just fine.

perhaps with their stock deflated the midwest deal was a defensive manuever to avoid their own buyout talks.
THAT is a very likely possibility. I've always said I didn't really understand the value of purchasing a marginally profitable company with a base so d*mn far north.

On the surface, the fleet plan works, but dig a little deeper, and you have a largely different operation, but I'm not in management either, so there's probably a lot more to it than that to make a profitable combined entity.

I've been waiting for someone to buy us with our cheap 737's coming, fracture us (Southwest), and sell off the pieces. Giving Midwest a deal with guaranteed low financing on our 717's and a large ATL hub operation that works fairly well would be a nice way to expand Midwest.

I *HOPE* that doesn't happen, as being on the 717 side of the house would probably be ugly, but it's been a small concern...

You might clarify that AAI stockholders were hurting. The airline has been doing just fine.

i thought i was by using the stock symbol and not saying Air Tran.

Its gonna be fun... let the games begin.. Wolf... do ya think Citadel is just positioning to make a little dough? Taking advantage of the fluctuating stock.. Just curious.. this stuff is far too complicated for a ice fisherman like myself... Wonder if Warren B.. drinks a little ol swill now and then?

Who are these fellas that AirTran is trying to get on the board? I googled Galena Aquisition and it did come up with the names... I just didnt follow up and see who they 'really' were and what interest they may have at stake.

AirTran is healthy... you can tell by how "healthy" our FA's are looking... Or did I say hefty.....anywhoo.... Best Wishes to all... Going out on the boat fishing dont ya know. Crappies are in full swing !!!

Merger and Aquisition talks I understand were in full swing at the last negotiation meeting ... Hmmmm...

Merger and Aquisition talks I understand were in full swing at the last negotiation meeting ... Hmmmm...
What makes it more interesting is the fact that they spent the ENTIRE week talking about Scope and M&A.

These items should be easy no-brainers... IF and I do mean IF your management has no intention to screw with your seniority or purchase another aircraft to operate your flights.

That section taking an entire WEEK worth of negotiating time and STILL no T.A. tells me the company isn't willing to simply say "We want our pilots flying our flights and will protect your seniority in a merger or acquisition".

Guess what section I'm turning to RIGHT after I look at the new pay rates in the T.A.?

Latest resources

Back