• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty , I think he was comparing AirTran to a regional, because you all had the same hiring minimums as a regional.

Yeah, I know a lot of regionals that required part 121 PIC time. :rolleyes: Hate to break it to ya, slick, but our minimums were more stringent than yours.

Yeah, I know a lot of regionals that required part 121 PIC time. :rolleyes: Hate to break it to ya, slick, but our minimums were more stringent than yours.

And yet AirTran hired guys that never would have even gotten a phone call from Southwest. How is that if our minimums were lower? And if you did get the call, the hire rate is around 15%, but I'm pretty sure it was a little higher at AirTran...being such a good job and all.

If I remember AirTran minimums were 500 hrs 121 PIC. Southwest was 1000 PIC. Not sure what mins your referring to PCL.

Speaking of MCO, I was wondering how it works down there with the seasonal adjustments. Does SWA usually show more vacancies in the spring but reduce in the fall? I was thinking it might be the opposite, but maybe I heard it backwards.

Don't think you followed my point very well. Retread post number 65. My point was that I disagreed with a SWA pilot who didn't think Captains who had their seat taken in the merger should be considered as being displaced from that seat. He seemed to think that the gun SWAPA, SWA, Gary or whoever put to the head of the AirTran pilots made their "displacement" their choice. I disagreed.

Correct Sir..it was lost on me.
I browse, jump to quickly,get bitter and..post. I should know better by now!

SWA=pft regional

One would think with your vast knowledge and experience, you would know the difference. Scary you actually fly a plane for a living. Does Microsoft flight sim pay well? The SWA regional pays well. Done the intl thing long enough. Have the t shirt and not thrilled or impressed by those that still do it.

Latest resources

Back