• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So to put actual numbers to this, and I know this is unbelievably classless to discuss in public, but since no one can agree on a number, I'll step into the filth and show my numbers.

For the past 2 years I did 195K (2011) and 187k (2012) as a middle seniority, commuting 717 CA, lineholder. In 2011, I averaged 14.1 days of work per month and no nights stuck in hotels ... perfectly commutable. In 2012, 14.4 days per month, and 4 hotels. 2012 was less efficient. More days worked for less pay.

In 2013, it looks like 190k, working just under 16 days per month as SWA FO, living in base.

All these are pay numbers, not including extras like retirement, etc.

Bottom line, pretty much a wash money wise, but I have to work a slight bit more. Your mileage may vary....

Multiply TFP by 1.33 and you will get your hourly rate. TY yours is about 175. Not quite a 30k pay cut. Just tryin to keep it real.

Btw...why are there only dudes at the bar tonight? That's not right!!

Btw, if you want to use our Contract 2001 numbers, well, you're just an @sshole, and the discussion is over.

:D

For using the numbers you were getting paid the day that SW purchased you? Those are the facts Ty, I don't care when or where they came from. That's what your paystub said.

For using the numbers you were getting paid the day that SW purchased you? Those are the facts Ty, I don't care when or where they came from. That's what your paystub said.

I get it Red. I'll be going back to what I made in 2010 and stagnate there for the next 4 to 5 years. That makes it so much better.

Call it whatever you want, but my w2 will be at least 30 grand lighter my first full year at WN (and the years after until reupgrade) than my last full year at the Tranny. That's what my pay stub will say and that's a fact.

Lets also not forget that every F.O. is getting a huge pay raise coming to SWA and that your career earnings are going to be a lot larger at SWA than at airtran. With over 50% or around 850 pilots of airtran getting an immediate raise crossing over and after Jan 1 2015 at least another 460 (as of right now that can upgrade and will probably closer to 600 AT pilots when the 1st hits) getting another raise since SWA bought them. It is almost hard to fathom the amount of whining that is going on. How many raises has airtran got since you were bought? how many more people are making a lot more since you were bought? The average airtran pilot will retire making a million dollars more than if they stayed at AT and you wonder why Southwest pilots don't feel to badly for you about this merger and yet you continue to cry about pay even though you will be paid a lot more over time by coming here. You know how many pay increases most Southwest pilots got since we bought airtran...0.

How many days off are there right now in the average AirTran line?

How many days off are in the average SWA? 17-18.

You have to take into account days worked. I will buy a dinner for the first AT person who can show me they are not able to make the same if not more $ at SWA working the same amount of days. I have a old friend who was a captain at AirTran an now a mid-senior FO in BWI. He says he is making more working less. Fwiw he was pretty biter sounding when the SLI was first over. He is very happy now.

I get it Red. I'll be going back to what I made in 2010 and stagnate there for the next 4 to 5 years. That makes it so much better.

Call it whatever you want, but my w2 will be at least 30 grand lighter my first full year at WN (and the years after until reupgrade) than my last full year at the Tranny. That's what my pay stub will say and that's a fact.

Luv2B you just had another Tranny say it was a wash above your post. What makes you so different? You don't seem to understand how things work here on the SW side.

For arguments sake lets say you are taking a pay cut and if in the course of the last year and a half you have come to rely on those pay raises since SW bought you then I feel sorry for you that in less than 2 years you can't go back making more than when AT was bought. In an industry where pay fluctuations happen all the time all you have to do is look at United, Delta, AA and ask them how much they liked their short lived pay raises. The fact that you will make a lot more over your career here at Southwest yet you continue to cry about a short lived and fictional pay cut all the while having better seniority than you did before is just short sighted and disingenuous.

Lets also not forget that every F.O. is getting a huge pay raise coming to SWA and that your career earnings are going to be a lot larger at SWA than at airtran. With over 50% or around 850 pilots of airtran getting an immediate raise crossing over and after Jan 1 2015 at least another 460 (as of right now that can upgrade and will probably closer to 600 AT pilots when the 1st hits) getting another raise since SWA bought them. It is almost hard to fathom the amount of whining that is going on. How many raises has airtran got since you were bought? how many more people are making a lot more since you were bought? The average airtran pilot will retire making a million dollars more than if they stayed at AT and you wonder why Southwest pilots don't feel to badly for you about this merger and yet you continue to cry about pay even though you will be paid a lot more over time by coming here. You know how many pay increases most Southwest pilots got since we bought airtran...0.

Well stated Blue. Some have to be angry no matter what.

You can just fly your line at SW and get compensated well, or you can work a little extra and get compensated VERY well. It's a nice option either way.

How much longer was your average duty day at AAI?

Depends on the plane, and what schedules you bid, but they tend to be shorter here than at SWA, that's why they are usually commutable on both ends. The consequence is that they are usually less productive, too, but I would rather have a less productive, fully commutable trip. Guys that live in base prefer the opposite (SWA style pairings).

Not sure what difference it makes, though, since eventually we'll all be flying SWA lines.

Latest resources

Back