Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Today SWAPA received an arbitration decision from Arbitrator Joshua Javits on the Dispute Resolution Committee arbitration addressing the B717 complaint from AirTran pilots. We are happy to report that Arbitrator Javits has ruled in SWAPA's favor, determining that the Company's sublease of the B717 aircraft to Delta is not a violation of the SLI Agreement and therefore the AirTran pilots were not denied any rights and are not entitled to a remedy.

We are happy that this matter has been resolved, and we are hopeful that we can now move forward in unity with our AirTran brothers and sisters to build a better Southwest Airlines.

Will this be the end to the bitching?

Yeah, wonder how much money was sent his way?

GOODBYE ALPA. Time to move on. It wasn't SWAPA it was MGT.

Just wondering - which AirTran pilot gets the brunt of this decision?

Sorry for the loss of money. I know it sucks but man just come over and try to have fun.

Oh I will. I'm Fun with a capital F. It just sucks that it turned out this way. This whole deal was handled poorly. Most of us on both sides lost. Some more than others but we all lost. It will take time but we will all move on. I hope I don't have to by beer for the first couple months though.

Latest resources

Back