• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone who elects to bid a seat isn't the same as someone who is displaced, displaced is against someone's will right? Which goes to my point that displacing people out of seat they wanted has negative consequences .......when have you ever heard me denigrate LUB?

Someone who elects to bid a seat isn't the same as someone who is displaced

Elects to bid a seat..infers that you want/have a choice of changing your current seat/situation. Only choice was right seat on 737/717.Now that we have cleared that up..That is on FL! It was proposed to us and we were not allowed to vote on it. Thank you ALPA! I stayed current on my ongoing despair through your ..glossy magazine. I felt good about pi$$ing my money away so that I could learn of the great contracts recently signed in UGANDA!

That being said...May you always have a headwind and your ex-wife.a tailwind!

OK... this horse has been beat to death!!!!!

WHEN CAN WE GET RID OF ALPA AND HAVE SWAPA ???????

That's simple: whenever SWAPA wants it. You think they want to represent us and manage a separate contract that they didn't negotiate while shouldering the DFR burden? Of course not.

Someone who elects to bid a seat isn't the same as someone who is displaced

Elects to bid a seat..infers that you want/have a choice of changing your current seat/situation. Only choice was right seat on 737/717.Now that we have cleared that up..That is on FL! It was proposed to us and we were not allowed to vote on it. Thank you ALPA! I stayed current on my ongoing despair through your ..glossy magazine. I felt good about pi$$ing my money away so that I could learn of the great contracts recently signed in UGANDA!

That being said...May you always have a headwind and your ex-wife.a tailwind!

Don't think you followed my point very well. Retread post number 65. My point was that I disagreed with a SWA pilot who didn't think Captains who had their seat taken in the merger should be considered as being displaced from that seat. He seemed to think that the gun SWAPA, SWA, Gary or whoever put to the head of the AirTran pilots made their "displacement" their choice. I disagreed.

Take everything you just posted and apply it to SWA pilots telling Air Tran pilots what a better place SWA is and how happy they should be to now be SWA pilots. You (SWA pilots) did not work at Air Tran and have no clue to what it was like to work there (just like I am supposedly making a judgment about SWA).

I am not knocking SWA, I am knocking SWA pilots with such narrow vision they can not conceive some pilots would rather stay at their own airline than be SWA pilots. I also realize that this only applies to a few SWA pilots and not the vast majority. But those few are the vocal ones.

Thanks for saying it with a clarity that only a neutral observer could muster.

Ty

Your right, there are plenty of RJ guys who could be hired at majors who stay at their regional for personal reasons, MOST don't, and most AAI (and all RSW) view SWA as a career step up...because it is...

Your right, there are plenty of RJ guys who could be hired at majors who stay at their regional for personal reasons, MOST don't, and most AAI (and all RSW) view SWA as a career step up...because it is...

So, now you're comparing AirTran to a Regional? Whatever, Jack. :rolleyes:

Your opinion on which is "better" is strictly your own. Anything else just displays your own ignorance. . . Kind of like your wacky statements about clenching the the tiller, and using a HUD for a VFR takeoff from SNA.

:laugh:
Over and Out.

Ty

Last edited:
Ty , I think he was comparing AirTran to a regional, because you all had the same hiring minimums as a regional.

Getting hired at SWA couldn't have been that difficult; after all, they hired you . . . and the other "avoidance-bid" Captains.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back