• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really think that JO wont come to you for concessions cause he anticipated UEX flying? HA! No wonder you guys ratified that contract. Im not worried about Mesa. I just feel for you guys. I'll sit back and watch the entertaining JO work you guys over once again....

Last edited:
Nindiri said:
I've got no problem with Air wisconsin, it was your company and you guys did what you thought was best. I'm afraid you're in for some harassment, though, after the way some of your people here took cheapshots at Mesa, especially the crap about the jumpseats. When you say you were taking care of your family, people are going to remind you that they were admonished for not "shutting Mesa down".

I guess the not so subtle company threat that the aiplanes might be sold off (to MESA?) if the TA didn't pass prompted the positive vote.

We have so many FU@KING WH@RES in this business!!!

Yes, I am talkin to you AS$HOLE!!!!

BTW, where the fu(k is WD?

Wow, we have a mature bunch of "pilots" posting here. It's amazing that we call ourselves "professionals."

Does anyone REALLY think that any of us are happy with this situation that we are in?! Would anyone want a pay cut?! UAL told us where we had to cut if we even wanted a chance to get any express flying. Our company had about a week to put together a bid that had to include lower wages for pilots. I'm not happy at all with this new deal, but like cheezpilot said, it sure beats unemployment (I think).

I don't really know what happened over at Mesa, and I don't know the history of the obvious anger between a lot of you, but I do know that the Mesa contract has directly affected me. UAL has pitted us against each other in the bidding process and Air Wisconsin would not be competetive against a carrier with lower costs (pilot's wages).

Unfortunately, this is the reallity that we have to live with now. Like it or not.

-Menace

I dont know what your smoking cheezpilot, but do a little
more math ok. Next year I get a $8,000 pay cut, and the year after that its $12,000, thats 17% pay cut.
And thanks for voting yes, the MEC and NC sure did a great job of doom and gloom.

Whiskey Driver:
I thought you guys were "gonna shut the fu@ker down!" before taking concessions?

its called "economics"

yes and yes

So, is Mesa still the s#ithole of the industry? Are they still to blame for "lowering the bar"?

yes and yes.

but don't forget ALPAs role in helping them.

It is a race to the bottom and someone's leading the way.

jetdriven said:
Whiskey Driver:
I thought you guys were "gonna shut the fu@ker down!" before taking concessions?

its called "economics"

Economics is truely not what's it's called... Here's the real deal, mesa pilots willing to work for minimum wages and fear. I told you long ago that what you did will hurt the entire industry and it has begun. It will only be a matter of time now before many others will fall victim to the "lowering of the standards" I don't expect you to really understand the impact of your signing that contract but you can watch as the chips continue to fall and when it all said and done 15 to 20 yrs from now things will begin to iron themselves out. It only takes one and mesa was that one.

Now as for AWAC, I can't clown mesa now because too many in my own house were afraid of losing the low paying job we now have, BTW I aint one of them. I voted no and proud of it alpa's snow job didn't work on me, but that powerful fear worked on enough of my brothers and sisters to get it passed. The really sad part to all of this is that NO MAJOR AIRLINE JOBS WILL BE OPEN FOR YRS AND YRS and why should they, majors have found the golden goose it's called the RJ and they will get bigger and the pay will get smaller as they farm out major airline flying to the regionals who are all too happy to do it at a 1/3 of the pay and wonder why no major jobs are around... Just sit back and watch the real fun is about to start.

WD.

Hello CRJ driver,
You must be talking about the future raises from our current contract and not current pay rates. Let's talk what you are making now not in the future. Yeah, I was supposed to be making more in two years than I will make a few years after that but those raises were much more than 3% a year. Do the math that way then you are right. I dont know your situation. I only know mine so you might be in a different boat.
If you cant trust the MEC then who can you trust. I think you should run for a Union position if you know more and can do a better job. Then I will listen.

later, cheez

I posted this on another link that I thought no one would read so I put it here as well as a response to Mesa guys enjoying our new contract:

I'll be the first to admit that while you guys set the standard for sh.itty contracts, we set the standard for accepting concessions at the regional level (to clean up United's f.uckin mess of an airline). It's so funny to see all the Mesa guys smiling about how this whole fricken gig is falling apart for all of us at the regional level. Seriously, I guess misery loves company, huh? You guys are really sick. I love the "I guess you guys forgot to shut the company down" comments as well. Guess what.....when everyone was saying they would shut the f.ucker down they were talking about the fact that if they were faced with the crap that you signed....not what we signed. Your contract is shi.t, ours just got worse, but it's nothing like yours. The fact that you have the contract that you have now proves that you would have piss.ed your pants to have what you are making fun of us for signing. By the way the comments about how you will be working under your next contract by the time we ever see our next one is good becuase our pay depends on it. The pay protection part of the contract depends on taking averages of all regionals salaries and ensuring that we make at least 2% more, then 3% more, and finally 4% more of that average if it is more than the book rates. Thank god you didn't sign an 8 year deal because guess who's salary is keeping that average down?????? The sooner you sign a new contract the sooner we get a raise. Yes you were first in line....that's how you put it, but instead of standing in the line that every other reginal helped to create, you hijacked it and decided to get in the welfare line......guess what, we're all right behind you now. I understand why Mesa pilots were scared. You guys had to sign because of bulls.hit going on inside your own company, now it's spreading because it wasn't contained...............the guys that signed here did so because of outside influences.....United not knowing how to run a company and then taking advantage of it, the uncertainy of having any business at all because of low standard regionals, yada, yada....let them tell you why.......because I luckily didn't have to roll the dice with being on probation and all. Any way......have fun discussing who suc.ks more......it's getting old. It seems like the DCI guys all hate each other, the United family is falling apart, UsAir WO's, Mesaba/Big Sky.......all this bullsh.it and at bullsh.it wages on top of that. Life sure does seem pretty peacefull once you get out of this cess pool of the regionals.....that is while your not trying to duck being furloughed........ok that's enough for now. Good luck to all in negotiations & facing concessions. AD

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back