• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok whats the deal with the MODS deleting my post?

So I'll say it again. Mesa guys are are the ones who have screwed this industry up. You guys undercut everyone else so bad so OF COURSE whisky has to take pay cuts. How the he11 can they compete with morrons willing to work for nothing?

Thats why mesa guys suck!

Ahhh you did miss the part where I voted NO right?? Ok that's what I thought your bad then...

No two ways about it that contract was poison to the industry and it is now starting to make everyone ill. No mater how you slice it you and your comrads WILL NEVER EVER IN THIS CONTRACT OR THE NEXT EVER MAKE WHAT AWAC DOES PERIOD!!!! Yeah we will take a pay cut but protections in the contract will ensure that you will always be below, behind or what ever you wish to call it AWAC. Like I told your buddy, settle in your gonna be there for a very long time.

WD.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't work for Mesa, nor do I want to work for them. However, I also do not presume to tell them to sacrifice their jobs for the good of my next contract. I'm simply amazed that you have the audacity to criticize them after the way you folded and took concessions despite your earlier boast that you would shut the place down. :rolleyes:

A few thoughts.

Going through the process at Air Wisconsin has helped me see with better perspective what the pilots of Mesa were faced with. I would probably take back some of my previous posts if I were to do it all over again. I can sympathize with them and their difficult decisions.

Air Wisconsin is taking Concessions because we believe it is the best way to remain a viable option for United Airlines (For better or worse they are our bread and butter). Therefore we are working with our management to further our company's position. I would say similar to UAL, AMR and any other company in a similar situation.

It kind of hurts having to compete with the labor costs of Mesa and others. Mesa entered into their negotiations to create a new contract because their old one expired (correct me if I am wrong).
They were working with a management who they know is out to get them. (Some at AWAC only assume ours is. I believe they are better than most). No one can presume to know how the situation would have played out had Mesa rejected a proposal or two, but I think they should have at least held out a little longer. When our next contract comes up and the company is doing well I would hope we would work for our well deserved cut.

The part that bothers me is the Freedom outfit. Why were the nonunion workers who were supporting an end-run by management allowed to join in with the rest when the party was over? In my mind this is a much clearer issue than whether we as pilots believe management is telling us the truth and we should stick up for better wages in the regional industry. Where was ALPA? You should have at least made sure those bstards were out on the street and not added to your seniority list.

The one thing I said before that I stand by is that I can't understand why anyone would go to work for Mesa in the first place.

Too many people look at what we gave up. And, rightly or wrongly maybe we should have held our ground. I look at what we still have. One of the best contracts in the regional industry. I am not money hungry. I can live on what I will make at AWAC.
(Let's face the facts and realize that regional airlines will never be compensated richly as long as we are under the thumb of the major airlines and ALPA. The current system won't allow it). I would still apply and want to work at AWAC if the TA was the current contract.

Man you just can't seem to keep you own foot out of your mouth can you? I said that if faced with what they face we would opt to shut the palce down, now as for folding, maybe you need to show me where we did that. Maybe it's me or is it that you just can't see what effect that contract has had as a whole. Now I will say it again since you missed it twice before, all this company lost was 7&9% pay THAT'S IT!!! I realize you want it to be more so that you can justify your comments but sorry that's it. IF you don't work for mesa and are not effected by their contract signing then what the hell is your point? If you don't have one then please S.T.F.U!!!!!!

WD.

My, aren't we cranky. :D My point is that you are a hypocrite who only talks big when it's somebody else's job on the line. You want others to risk their job, but when it came your turn, you forgot to shut the place down. What happened? Is your job more important than theirs?

Regardless of how poor Mesa's contract is, the fact remains that you didn't make good on your boasts, so you owe the Mesa guys an apology. Not that I expect you to make one; you're too busy blaming others for your failures. Sadly, there's always a few like you at every airline.

You are a complete waste of time. I VOTED NO ON THE TA so your claim the I FOLDED is totally unfounded. Ask anyone at my comapny that reads this form and they will tell you that I was among the loudest voices to vote down the ta. Now as for your comment of my being a failure, last time I checked I was an airline pilot hummmm doesn't sound like I failed to me. Continue in the flight instruction world son call us when you arrive at the 121 level.

WD.

BTW I am done wasting time on you so say what you will just don't be offended when I don't respond...

Speedtree said:
A few thoughts.

The one thing I said before that I stand by is that I can't understand why anyone would go to work for Mesa in the first place.

Too many people look at what we gave up. And, rightly or wrongly maybe we should have held our ground. I look at what we still have. One of the best contracts in the regional industry. I am not money hungry. I can live on what I will make at AWAC.
(Let's face the facts and realize that regional airlines will never be compensated richly as long as we are under the thumb of the major airlines and ALPA. The current system won't allow it). I would still apply and want to work at AWAC if the TA was the current contract.

Thanks for voting YES speedtree, I guess the NC and MEC brain washed you too. Just remember in 8 years dont complain you cant get a contract, it will be 10 YEARS.

Can anyone at AWAC comment on the rumor that your MEC or management told you guys that we (SkyWest) had already taken a paycut so you had better sign the TA? If so they are wrong and were lying to you!!! We have not taken a paycut yet. Our contract is up this summer. SAPA (Skywest Airlines Pilot Association) is currently in negotionations with management and it sounds like the next contract is gonna be the same pay for bigger RJ's.

This whole situation sucks guys (and gals), and if our managment shoves some huge concession down our throat I can gaurantee we will not be making the front cover of the USA Today for on time arivals. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

No one told us that SkyWest had already taken pay cuts. We were told you hadn't taken yours yet. Our unsubstantiated understanding is that SkyWest submitted their bid, and will tell you what your new pay rates are.

S.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back