• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoa! I didn't say being a mom is not for me. I want to have kids someday. I said that there is more to life than "just being a mom"....ie. you can be a mom and do other things such as having a career. I am not trying to start a stay-at-home mom vs. working mom argument.

No, I don't think being an airline pilot is better than being a mom. I do think that a person (man or woman) who just gets out of h.s., say, stays at home and starts having kids is not very bright, IMO, especially in this day and age. It's not 1950 anymore. This situation just sets you up to rely solely on someone else and that is not too smart. What if your husband dies or something? Now, you are screwed. (And, no, life insurance is not a good enough back up plan) If you set yourself up with some kind of back up plan (be it college degree or trade), now you can take care of yourself and your kids. There is nothing that pi$$es me off more than a person that is looking for someone to take care of them.

Sorry MegaDeath, I owe you an apology (although I didn't mean to sound critical, just making the point about different stokes for different folks).
I've got 2 kids 12 and 15. Before they were 5 they had done a lot of traveling. More than once FA's would comment how good they were, once a lady came up to me at the end of a 5 hr flight and made a point of saying how good they were and what a nice Dad I was (My wife was in First), am I boasting? A little, but only to contrast one flight we had that the 2 perfect little travelers went off big time! I'll spare you the details, but suffice to say I thought their heads were going to rotate 360 degrees and green vomit was pending. It happens and none of us are perfect. Seems to me the people on here that are getting a free ride and than being judgemental about kids behavior are the ones with the entitlement problem.
If you have kids someday it dosn't have to turn your life upside down and turn you into a K-Mart Mommy. MY wife has had a great career in Physical Therapy AND is a great Mom. I spend a lot of time with my kids but I still spend a lot of quality time with my wife AND I still surf almost as much as I did before we had kids (I bid reserve a lot too!). We treat each other as equal partners and best friends and it works for us.

Sorry MegaDeath, I owe you an apology (although I didn't mean to sound critical, just making the point about different stokes for different folks).

If you have kids someday it dosn't have to turn your life upside down and turn you into a K-Mart Mommy. MY wife has had a great career in Physical Therapy AND is a great Mom. I spend a lot of time with my kids but I still spend a lot of quality time with my wife AND I still surf almost as much as I did before we had kids (I bid reserve a lot too!). We treat each other as equal partners and best friends and it works for us.

No need to apologize....I agree it's different strokes for different folks. I just feel really strongly about not relying on others. I think I get if from watching my mom struggle her entire life without an education cuz my dad was worthless as a provider.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The situation you have is exactly how I would like mine to turn out.....mom (even though being a mom scares me $hitless to be honest with you) and career, equal partnership with hubby, etc. I think that's the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070123/ap_on_re_us/flight_tantrum
front page news, I say thank god. People need to learn how to control their kids. Nothing like getting you seat kicked for 2 hours on a commute.

Yeah, thow 'em off. If you can't freaking control your kid after 15 minutes and you're still at the gate and can't freaking push back 'cause the little $hit won't get in their seat, it's time to toss the little $hit and give the parents the time to give the little crapper an attitude adjustment.

I got no prob with this. WTF is everyone one so worked up about. WTF is the expectation of the parents that don't have control? Wait another 15, 30, 60...whatever??? Call it, move on, push back.

Give this stuff a break!

Last edited:
As a parent, I have found that you have to rule the kingdom. you cannot tolerate crap, and misbehavior. As the dad, if the wife is one of these mollycoddly , "oh don't hit junior types," well then you say pardon me dear and knock him into next week. At that age they can discern what the parent considers correct. They have never corrected that kid in my view and when they're 16 they'll reap the consequences. By age five the experts say, the behaviors for life are clearly in place. my old man was a officer who beat the crap out fo me when i got out of line. so i didn't get out of line much.
Too bad, California wants to raise up a generation of nut jobs with this no spanking rule.

I always love that quote. By accident...hehehe

I say that unless you're ACTIVELY TRYING TO PREVENT IT, you're tying to get knocked up!

Flame away.

You talkin $hit about my momma? You betta check yo self before yo wreck yo self.

As a parent, I have found that you have to rule the kingdom. you cannot tolerate crap, and misbehavior. As the dad, if the wife is one of these mollycoddly , "oh don't hit junior types," well then you say pardon me dear and knock him into next week. At that age they can discern what the parent considers correct. They have never corrected that kid in my view and when they're 16 they'll reap the consequences. By age five the experts say, the behaviors for life are clearly in place. my old man was a officer who beat the crap out fo me when i got out of line. so i didn't get out of line much.
Too bad, California wants to raise up a generation of nut jobs with this no spanking rule.

Amen bro! Amen!

Latest resources

Back