• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Megadeath, Hat's off to you if you know being a Mom is not for you. There are plenty of parents out there that shouldn't be. That said, I hope your not saying that being an "airline pilot" is somehow a higher calling or better in some way than being a Mom.
As far as this string goes, I just read Newsweek and they had an interview with Leonard DiCaprio saying he got thrown off the set of Romper Room at the age of 3 because he was grabbing the camera and yelling "look at me!"
The point is 3 year olds can be a handful, it doesn't mean they are evil. I heard a quote once that said the "mover's and shakers of the world" were the "movers and shakers of the house" when they were young. None of us were there, so it's a little weak to think we know what's right. That said, you anal guys that think your so wonderful because you were spanked "and kids need more discipline today" in reality may not be as wonderful as you think you are. Most of the people I've met with that attitude are a little warped.

Last edited:
We are long past the time when people HAD to have kids to keep the farm running. There is NO reason to have kids nowadays other than personal reasons. Some may even say selfish reasons.

I seriously cant think of one reason someone NEEDS to have children.

Think harder. Seriously.

Well I think it has something to do with people dying and needing new people to replace them. Some call that selfish, others call that self preservation.

With 7 billion people in the world, I'm hardly worried about self preservation.

Oh, right I forgot. We're overpopulated! If you allotted 1250 square feet to each person, all the people in the world would fit into the state of Texas. Try the math yourself: 7,438,152,268,800 square feet in Texas, divided by the world population of 5,860,000,000, equals 1269 square feet per person. The population density of this giant city would be about 21,000 — somewhat more than San Francisco and less than the Bronx. (Envoy, 1998)
Granted I wouldn't want to live in San Fran or the Bronx, but it is, at the very least, an eye opening snippet of the vast space that is available. Of course we all know that there is more than space needed to support a population.

Megadeath, Hat's off to you if you know being a Mom is not for you. There are plenty of parents out there that shouldn't be. That said, I hope your not saying that being an "airline pilot" is somehow a higher calling or better in some way than being a Mom.

Whoa! I didn't say being a mom is not for me. I want to have kids someday. I said that there is more to life than "just being a mom"....ie. you can be a mom and do other things such as having a career. I am not trying to start a stay-at-home mom vs. working mom argument.

No, I don't think being an airline pilot is better than being a mom. I do think that a person (man or woman) who just gets out of h.s., say, stays at home and starts having kids is not very bright, IMO, especially in this day and age. It's not 1950 anymore. This situation just sets you up to rely solely on someone else and that is not too smart. What if your husband dies or something? Now, you are screwed. (And, no, life insurance is not a good enough back up plan) If you set yourself up with some kind of back up plan (be it college degree or trade), now you can take care of yourself and your kids. There is nothing that pi$$es me off more than a person that is looking for someone to take care of them.

With 7 billion people in the world, I'm hardly worried about self preservation.
You should be. Or at least worried about preserving your own way of life for your own offspring.

Out of that 7 Billion you mention, you have about 60 million IN THIS COUNTRY ALONE on some type of government aid / welfare.

I'm not saying to go out and have 20 kids, but I believe being an intelligent, college-educated professional I should at least try to bring another of the same into the world to offset the millions who reproduce large numbers of fairly useless, marginally-intelligent, and altogether non-productive members of society.

Last edited:
Lear70: Did you just watch Idiocracy?

Latest resources

Back