Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070123/ap_on_re_us/flight_tantrum
front page news, I say thank god. People need to learn how to control their kids. Nothing like getting you seat kicked for 2 hours on a commute.

Spoken like someone who's never had to control an upset kid. I agree that parents need to control their children in public, but this is overkill. Put yourself in their shoes. It's not like they didn't know they had a problem or werent' trying to solve the issue. My pregnant wife is flying across the country in a few days and I hope she doesn't get stuck next to a self-righteous jerk on the way. She's going to have enough problems without having arrogant commuters or bitchy flight attendants to deal with.

Last edited:
Quote- We just needed a little more time to hold her.

A 5 minute trip to the lav could have solved the whole situation.

Spare the rod.....

The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

Will they be able to keep rates that low AND serve fresh-baked Chocolate chip cookies??

Quote- We just needed a little more time to hold her.

A 5 minute trip to the lav could have solved the whole situation.

Spare the rod.....

Agreed.

The father said his family would never fly AirTran again
Yeah. It's the airlines fault, uh huh. How about a little emphasis towards his kid to behave when in public??

Last edited:
Spoken like someone who's never had to control an upset kid.

Let me real blunt here: Not my problem.

It's the parents' job to control the kid, and if they can't do it, then the kid has no business on the airplane. Want to take a trip with an infant or a toddler? Drive, or charter your own plane. It's highly inappropriate to subject a whole planeload of people to your screaming child, just because he's a kid.

If I refused to get into my seat, and sat there screaming in the aisle at the top of my lungs, I'd be forcibly removed from the airplane. As it should be. A parent does not have the right to put a screaming noisemaker three feet from my ear.

For plenty more discussion on both sides of the issue....
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2556756

Last edited:
Buying a ticket only gives you a seat. It does not buy you the right to disrupt the cabin. The parents claim they weren't given time to hold or console their child? Bullsheet! They had 3 years to do that. And yes I am a parent and my children knew how to act at 3 years old...or at least they knew the consequences of non-compliance.

If you have temperamental children or cannot control them you should be removed from the aircraft. Kudos to the Tranny crew. Use any argument you want but...

Flying is not your right, it is a priveledge.

They said on Good Morning America they would never fly AirTran again. Also, it was reported they child was on the aisle floor throwing a tantrum. Yep, I would have booted her too - no seatbelt no go!

Latest resources

Back