• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX now accepting applications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATI issued furloughs today to guys that are also furloughed Abx.
I wouldn't waste my time on filing out the app.
These guys would be eligable to come back to Abx ahead of any new hires.
I suspect this is ATI's first shot and more will follow.

Not entirely accurate.....Was just informed of my involuntary at ATI.

Ezell said sorry about your luck, the two year lock is in effect regardless of your furlough.

Conflicting reports on this.

Regardless, those who are able and wish to return to ABX could take the Voluntary Furlough thus allowing the guys at the bottom of the ATI list to stay employed.

Sporto: Who is Ezell??

Last edited:
From what I am hearing voluntary furloughs will not be released from their commitment with ATI, only involuntary.

Never really heard too many refer to Ezell as a good guy (guess there are worse)....but to each his own.

Unfortunately, there are many, many angles to the possibilities for ATI pilots who may be furloughed to return to ABX. The ABX LOA that allowed ABX pilots to gain employment at ATI/CCI is silent regarding various 'what ifs' that could occur. At present, no one really knows the answers to the variables and they will most likely begin to be answered/explored as they occur (such as the present ATI furlough).

I can tell you that if you got fired from ATI, it has not <yet> prevailed in releasing one from their 2 year waiting period. Obviously, common sense would dictate that if you are involuntarily released one would be relinquished from their 2-year commitment period. Common sense doesn't always prevail.

In short, what many are seeking is to be 'released or waived' from the 2 year requirement. *If* the ABX union and company agrees to it, the can of worms begins to open since the waiver would have to be applied uniformly...thereby allowing voluntary furloughed (more senior guys at ATI) to utilize this 1st if desired thereby keeping more junior person on property at ATI in an attempt to fulfill their 2 years. Furloughed is furloughed, voluntary vs. in voluntary is only difference in how one got into that status.

Lastly, keep in mind there are others (ABX furloughed) who never took an ATI/CCI job and have simply by-passed for some period of time.....each day that goes by allows them to be closer to their date of recall (2nd time) and they should retain a higher priority over 'waived' pilots. Naturally, I'd even expect someone to challenge and request if waivers are provided that similar provisions are also provided to by-passed pilots allowing one to change their recall date. This, in effect, levels the playing field by providing similar waivers/reliefs as possibly given to those employed at ATI/CCI.

Hope this hasn't gotten too long winded, but it is more complex than appears at the surface. Especially given that equality has to be seen across the board and not just for the (unfortunate) group of ATI furloughees.

Equality has never been an issue before at 1224. Ask any of the guys that sat on the street for 24 months while open flying w************************* bid up entire months of flying from open time. (I know this personally!) I guess blood sucking scorpions eat their own, huh?

All people are looking for is since a furlough has been issued, a release from a commitment that one party no longer chooses to uphold (ATI). Being held to an employment commitment while you are not employed, and they are hiring off the street is ludicrous. There is no need to open a can of worms by including people that are gainfully employed, and both sides of the commitment is being honored. By allowing people to take a voluntary furlough just to skip to ABX seems counterproductive to the intent of the side letter, which was to offer a chance to people to remain gainfully employed, not skip around to whatever employer they choose.

Also I believe that this last several rounds of recalls has included many people who have bypassed once, thus losing seniority making many of them now junior to pilots at ATI. Also by failing to accept a second recall, they are now off the seniority list all together.

This more than likely will not be the last furlough at ATI, depending on who you choose to believe.

What's the latest with company decision to hire new hires over furloughed abx'ers getting refurloughed from ATI? Is management still going to hire new pilots? The job opening also showed a non contractual pay rate for new hires... Fishy smelling...

Well, I'll be gosh-darned! Got a call for an interview on 2/21, so let's hear some pointers.

Latest resources

Back