• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX now accepting applications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The MEC and Neg. Comm never asked because as per the polling, the group didn't ask for it. Was it on their minds during negotiations, I think so. But as I stated before, they had other matters on their hands and had nothing left to bet with.
FAJ

There are always other matters at hand, if you've ever served as a union guy (which you may have), you already know its a matter of going from fire to fire. At times, never putting one out before taking on another. Regardless, the (furlough) agreement is not at other ATSG carriers as they did not secure it...for whatever reason...in their respective CBA's. Hopefully you and others understand its not within ABX1224's scope to secure provisions for other carriers.

As to life at ABX...well, that is best answered by ABX'ers and not posters from other carriers, whether they are carrying for DHL or not. Although I understand perhaps what his intent was...best to leave those answers for those who are directly there.

Now ATI has a new subsidary...CCIA. If ATI scope were stronger it would have better protected/restricted such moves. Let the games continue...

There are always other matters at hand, if you've ever served as a union guy (which you may have), you already know its a matter of going from fire to fire. At times, never putting one out before taking on another. Regardless, the (furlough) agreement is not at other ATSG carriers as they did not secure it...for whatever reason...in their respective CBA's. Hopefully you and others understand its not within ABX1224's scope to secure provisions for other carriers.

Understood and accepted. Always have. Just myself and other ATI pilots never appreciated 1224 sideways comments like, "well we intended it to be reciprocal" when all knew that was all bull$hit. We will be negotiating again in less than 2 years. Maybe the group will make it a priority then.

As to life at ABX...well, that is best answered by ABX'ers and not posters from other carriers, whether they are carrying for DHL or not. Although I understand perhaps what his intent was...best to leave those answers for those who are directly there.

Not really sure if that's directed at me or not. While I am posting in a thread regarding ABX, I'm only directing my responses toward comments made about ATI. But this is sage advice. Maybe others will heed it and keep their backhanded quips to themselves.

Now ATI has a new subsidary...CCIA. If ATI scope were stronger it would have better protected/restricted such moves. Let the games continue...

So long as they keep both operations separate as they have said.....Well like you said, let the games begin. And we need to be on top of ours!!
I tell you what though, I don't like this new COO. He was a Sr VP of MX at ABX for 16 years before he was Pres of CCIA. The main reason CCIA was being rudely cavity searched by the FAA was MX issues. So he gets to stay on as a COO in charge of, among other things, "Regulatory Compliance"
of ATI???:eek: This doesn't look good for the home team.

FAJ (in red)

Not really sure if that's directed at me or not. While I am posting in a thread regarding ABX, I'm only directing my responses toward comments made about ATI. But this is sage advice. Maybe others will heed it and keep their backhanded quips to themselves.

Guess I wasn't too technically correct as I didn't quote the person it was more about, but it applies to everyone (including me!). So, accept my apoligy as it was not directed toward FAJ.

Regarding the new (to ATI) COO...you've read the letter outlining his resume'. I do know him directly, and while never under his authority, have found him to be a pretty stand up person overall. He inherited the maintenance issues that plague/d CCI and has a limited amount of resources to bring things into compliance (unlike previous life where resources weren't so scarce). I plan on giving him his own opportunity to establish himself within the ATI family and be judged based on merits, not speculation or rumor.

Unfortunatly one of the first orders of business will be to release people work. Its not far before displaced DC8 drivers will be ready to warm the B767 seats thereby allowing the gates to open.

Furlough

So haw many furloughs do we anticipate at ATI? 30-40? more? or less?

For all you potential Abx wanna be's, any furlough ATI will curtail off the street hiring at Abx.

(Approx) the most junior 100 at ATI are furloughed Abx. Once involuntarily released from ATI, they would be eligable to return to Abx. Thus stopping new hires.

Ain't this fun!!!

What is the online assessment?

What questions are being asked?

Its a 60 min some timed parts test that covers personality, math, vocabulary, and general knowledge. Nothing to do with flying. Not really something you can study for since the questions are pretty random.

So haw many furloughs do we anticipate at ATI? 30-40? more? or less?

For all you potential Abx wanna be's, any furlough ATI will curtail off the street hiring at Abx.

(Approx) the most junior 100 at ATI are furloughed Abx. Once involuntarily released from ATI, they would be eligable to return to Abx. Thus stopping new hires.

Ain't this fun!!!

Not entirely accurate.....Was just informed of my involuntary at ATI.

Ezell said sorry about your luck, the two year lock is in effect regardless of your furlough.

Furlough

ATI issued furloughs today to guys that are also furloughed Abx.
I wouldn't waste my time on filing out the app.
These guys would be eligable to come back to Abx ahead of any new hires.
I suspect this is ATI's first shot and more will follow.

Latest resources

Back