• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX now accepting applications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATI at this time is not furloughing any pilots. PFE's are being furloughed as the DC-8s are parked. The pilots are transitioning to the 767. As far as getting our own side side letter for preferential hiring,IMHO,we didn't have the leverage that the ABX pilots had at the time when they got theirs. I think we were hearing at the time that Hete needed a stable labor situation,,ie a signed agreement with the pilots to obtain a big amount of financing. So, no contract, no loan.

While ATI has not furloughed beyond the PFE ranks, how long before that changes?? ATI is over-staffed for the amount of flying they currently have. Yes, a pilot furlough would start from the 767 F/O seat....a seat that is presently training more senior/displaced pilots. Once that is done there is nothing to hold the damn of furlough from breaking loose a little. ATSG/Hete (or any other CEO) isn't going to allow their subs to 'bleed' with excessive labor costs beyond their requirements. Typically speaking, airlines enjoy running on the lean side and utilizing open flying and junior assigning prior to heavier crew costs of normal/over staffed.

Writing is on the wall....(unless there is some change in flying)....be aware.

As far as gaining the same or similar protection/agreement for employement within ATSG carriers....well, ATI MEC never once even asked for the agreement. They perfer to sit around and wait till someday in the future when all the MEC's/E-board members work out a mutual position and MOU between the 3 and the parent. Guess that may prove to be a bad idea...depends on your perspective.

the ABX website says that new hire FOs are to be paid $39585 salary their first yr. Is this true? Seems like salary is not the way to go since they will work the crap out of you and no overtime.

the ABX website says that new hire FOs are to be paid $39585 salary their first yr. Is this true? Seems like salary is not the way to go since they will work the crap out of you and no overtime.

You are paid over and above the salary for days off they work you.

How many are they hiring? When will they be calling for interviews? How is the QOL? Anyone who's there who could shoot me a PM on the culture, etc. I'd appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

They were thinking if they accepted less pay on their new contract all the flying would come their way....

And you know this to be true because....

I can not speak for the Cappy peeps as you have, but for ATI the top priority was Home Basing and getting rid of that MIA base abomination. The Home Basing, an increase in pay and a combination of the rest that was done left no room for Pref. Hire language. If you have nothing left to bargain with you start giving back.

We have openers in 23 months. If the group polls that they want it maybe something can be done then.

...ATI MEC never once even asked for the agreement....

The MEC and Neg. Comm never asked because as per the polling, the group didn't ask for it. Was it on their minds during negotiations, I think so. But as I stated before, they had other matters on their hands and had nothing left to bet with.

FAJ

Latest resources

Back