• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA summary on MSNBC..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The union needs to do a better job of exploiting the huge bonuses that will probably be sure to follow when Arpey and others walk out the door. I'm all for capitalism but walking out the door with millions while the minions are taking cuts is flat out wrong.

well then, maybe you should at last do some research on the topic of corporate taxation yourself before you chose to believe what your friends who watch Fox news tell you...

For 2009
http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles/How-Exxon-paid-zero-tazes-in-2009.php

http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/03/news/economy/corporate_taxes/index.htm

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/which-10-giant-corporations-dont-pay-taxes-1587/

and for 2010 they paid a whopping 18%.... what do you pay on your salary?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...y-pay-in-taxes/2011/05/11/AF7UNutG_story.html

NOTE: Washington Post is a "Fox" type news paper, with a very pro-business bent.

2010 Income before tax was 52,000...Income tax was 21,500....seems to be that's about a 40 percent income tax. Simlar for the previous years.

What am I missing?

2010 Income before tax was 52,000...Income tax was 21,500....seems to be that's about a 40 percent income tax. Simlar for the previous years.

What am I missing?

you're missing it all, and I have a feeling you like asking the questions but don't want to hear the answers.

use google and do your own research on the topic.

if there is one thing that I have learned in my life, it's that nobody has the market cornered on truth. Everyone can prove everything when you take bits and pieces to prove your point.

Reality though is much more complex and a lot more grey....

Lastly, I find it interesting that there is complaining about some corporations not paying taxes - they are simply operating in a system that allows them to do it - set up by Congress. Congress is the real culprit, if we had a simplified tax code, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

Bravo!

if there is one thing that I have learned in my life, it's that nobody has the market cornered on truth. Everyone can prove everything when you take bits and pieces to prove your point.

Reality though is much more complex and a lot more grey....

Lastly, I find it interesting that there is complaining about some corporations not paying taxes - they are simply operating in a system that allows them to do it - set up by Congress. Congress is the real culprit, if we had a simplified tax code, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

I agree, very well said..

this is why I agree with Republicans on some things, and Democrats on other things... and call myself an independent. I can't imagine how people can agree 100% with one party on everything... it just makes no sense to me.

The problem with American politics and it's sad that even Pilots are like this.... nobody wants to think for themselves! They want to be feed ideas from one side, whether it's Fox News and the Republicans, or MSNBC and the Democrats.

Last edited:
+1-
I'm liberal and almost always watch fox- bc I want to hear the other side-
Most people I know can't stand to hear the other side and end up very propagandized.
But back to facts- Fox is the worst at facts. When it can be verified, FOX is wrong almost 3 times more than the next worse (msnbc)-
And that's not including their opinion journalism

Personally, I wouldn't mind Fox if they just called it the Fox OPINION channel. As a journalism major, I can tell you they certainly don't qualify as news.

No one should be anti business. The vast majority of us should, however, be anti management.

No one should be anti business. The vast majority of us should, however, be anti management.

good point... after all, they're wanting to share in the same pie we do.... the profits! Who deserves it more? us or them? you decide..

Latest resources

Back