• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA summary on MSNBC..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that really what you took from that video, Halin?

I get that it's hard to justify the conservative entrenched positions as more and more good, hard working professionals get screwed- but you're reaching-

Is that really what you took from that video, Halin?

I get that it's hard to justify the conservative entrenched positions as more and more good, hard working professionals get screwed- but you're reaching-

All I took from that rant is whining and complaining. Not one solution was offered. Ed, and others on this board, say "Oil companies paid zero taxes," and yet he's "speaking the truth." So, who's doing the reaching? I just interjected a little reality (research) into the truthing.

I don't have cable. I'm not a liberal, and I don't consider myself a conservative by any means, but I do believe in liberty and capitalism. I don't blame the system for my "screwing," except maybe the educational system. People getting "screwed" happens every now and then, just like the undeserving get promoted. That's life.

Provide solutions that protect liberty and capitalism and I'll listen, otherwise it's just complaining.

All I took from that rant is whining and complaining. Not one solution was offered. Ed, and others on this board, say "Oil companies paid zero taxes," and yet he's "speaking the truth." So, who's doing the reaching? I just interjected a little reality (research) into the truthing.

I don't have cable. I'm not a liberal, and I don't consider myself a conservative by any means, but I do believe in liberty and capitalism. I don't blame the system for my "screwing," except maybe the educational system. People getting "screwed" happens every now and then, just like the undeserving get promoted. That's life.

Provide solutions that protect liberty and capitalism and I'll listen, otherwise it's just complaining.

well then, maybe you should at last do some research on the topic of corporate taxation yourself before you chose to believe what your friends who watch Fox news tell you...

For 2009
http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles/How-Exxon-paid-zero-tazes-in-2009.php

http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/03/news/economy/corporate_taxes/index.htm

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/which-10-giant-corporations-dont-pay-taxes-1587/

and for 2010 they paid a whopping 18%.... what do you pay on your salary?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...y-pay-in-taxes/2011/05/11/AF7UNutG_story.html

NOTE: Washington Post is a "Fox" type news paper, with a very pro-business bent.

Last edited:
Fox and MSNBC are merely opposite ends of the spectrum. Somewhere in the middle is the truth we will never hear.

Fox and MSNBC are merely opposite ends of the spectrum. Somewhere in the middle is the truth we will never hear.

Very well said... tho it's not always so black and white..

sometimes Fox is 100% correct, and other times MSNBC is... other times, it's truly a blend..

In this case, it's 100% MSNBC

We have different value systems. Mine's better. :D

what are you talking about man? You sound like you're arguing with yourself.

He's talking about his airline SWA. However he fails to include how and why his airline and pilot group got the pay they have today. And further fails to address his airlines diminishing returns now that the rest of the industry is aligned and the fuel hedges have run out (it was just a lucky guess back in the 90's - could have gone either way).

I'll let him expand.

if there is one thing that I have learned in my life, it's that nobody has the market cornered on truth. Everyone can prove everything when you take bits and pieces to prove your point.

Reality though is much more complex and a lot more grey....

Lastly, I find it interesting that there is complaining about some corporations not paying taxes - they are simply operating in a system that allows them to do it - set up by Congress. Congress is the real culprit, if we had a simplified tax code, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

Latest resources

Back