• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Blasts Revised Slot Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is you taxi a lot more in one day than DL pilots do. Get used to it, no more 1 or 2 leg days----you will work hard the rest of your career. Yes, the pay will be good, but you will grow tired of ELP and MAF. Variety for you will be the blur of airport hotels and 25 min turns. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yawn - same old stuff General. You need some new material. Just got back from my 3-day, 2 legs each day. Nice long 18 hours in San Diego. Same Holiday Inn by the bay as Delta btw.

I know you just fly Int'l and enjoy those $10 beers, but here in the USA Southwest hotels are as good if not better than MD-88 Delta hotels when I was there. Some cities we're at the same place. Only difference is SWA discount way better. Oh, and no more short MD-88 overnights. Most at least 15 hours. Maybe things have changed since so many of those cities I used to go to on the mad-dog went to your regional "partners" forever. Like ATL-Montreal! Still can't believe that is an rj.

Also, just like most pilots would rather not have all those 1-2 hour (or more) domestic DL turns/ATL lounge snooze that result in long duty days. Any duty day over 10 hours is a long day at SWA. Check with your domestic buds - or with your boy wonder Scope - and let us know the average mainline domestic duty day and layover time GL?

I know, standing by for how awesome your ER trips are, all about choices, we have great stews, etc. Same old gravy. Yawn again. Need more coffee.

Nice to hear from you again though...

Dude.... Chill out, I am not deltacentric like the general. Just stated some facts. I sincerely hope you are never in a position to have to make that VOTE as I have a sibling who is a capt. with y'all. More importantly with luv with your contract still more efficient than ours a paycut to our wages would put that much more pressure on us.

Delta and Northwest pilots VOTED for what you guys have now. Take that crap and try it somebody that doesn't know the facts.

The key is voting in contracts that are sustainable for a profitable company.

Gup

Dude.... Chill out, I am not deltacentric like the general. Just stated some facts. I sincerely hope you are never in a position to have to make that VOTE as I have a sibling who is a capt. with y'all. More importantly with luv with your contract still more efficient than ours a paycut to our wages would put that much more pressure on us.

They're profitable because their training costs are low due to one aircraft type and their pft program.

You are at the top now not due to anything swapa has done, but more so bankruptcy judges and the ch11 process.
I would say that Southwest pay is on top now because Southwest is one airline that has been consistently profitable for the the last 30 years. Hard to keep you pay up when your company is losing alot of money and shrinking.

I sincerely hope Southwest and Schumer explode the deal. It would be nice to see to USairways be forced to stay in a focus city and work hard to make money for once.... Instead of cutting and running. Us lowly prop pilots actually like that base...

Where would southwest go anyways? More BWI and MDW? Can't fly to Texas or Denver.

Yawn - same old stuff General. You need some new material. Just got back from my 3-day, 2 legs each day. Nice long 18 hours in San Diego. Same Holiday Inn by the bay as Delta btw.

I know you just fly Int'l and enjoy those $10 beers, but here in the USA Southwest hotels are as good if not better than MD-88 Delta hotels when I was there. Some cities we're at the same place. Only difference is SWA discount way better. Oh, and no more short MD-88 overnights. Most at least 15 hours. Maybe things have changed since so many of those cities I used to go to on the mad-dog went to your regional "partners" forever. Like ATL-Montreal! Still can't believe that is an rj.

Also, just like most pilots would rather not have all those 1-2 hour (or more) domestic DL turns/ATL lounge snooze that result in long duty days. Any duty day over 10 hours is a long day at SWA. Check with your domestic buds - or with your boy wonder Scope - and let us know the average mainline domestic duty day and layover time GL?

I know, standing by for how awesome your ER trips are, all about choices, we have great stews, etc. Same old gravy. Yawn again. Need more coffee.

Nice to hear from you again though...

Sure Ben, riiiiight. Yeah, and you also flew on your new SWA 787 to Tokyo, followed by your 56 hour layover in Rio........ (oh wait, that was the Rio Grande---HRL. Enjoy that this Summer). Something that you do not know is that the ATL ER category also has plenty of 4 day domestic only trips, and I do them occasionally to get landings if I need them. The trips are pretty darn good, with long layovers on at least 2 of the 3 nights, which is normal for domestic at most airlines. I think you were on the MD88 at DL, and that is a whole different animal, a lot like the current SWA 737 schedules probably. Go up from there and it becomes totally different. 737s and 757/767s mainly do longer legs, with an occasional 3 leg day, but mostly one or maybe two. And beers are $10 everywhere INTL? Not really. Also, INTL perdiem is more than domestic, covering most of the difference, unless you are a boozehound like yourself.

Talk about same old material, you have that on each of your trip pairings. Can you remember what you did 3 trips ago? Probably not, because it is all a blur, also thanks to your 1 2 3 rule. Go enjoy that and try not to wish you had some actual variety in planes and destinations from your past job. Enjoy your next 5 leg day, which is almost everyday for you. To say otherwise is ridiculous---since those trips of yours are sooo productive, there has to be a lot jammed in there. You know I am right, again. Bye Ben.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Delta and Northwest pilots VOTED for what you guys have now. Take that crap and try it somebody that doesn't know the facts.

The key is voting in contracts that are sustainable for a profitable company.

Gup

Such BS. DALPA voted for a 47% pay cut and to lose the pensions? Give me a break. The DL pilots voted to be the HIGHEST paid (which pulled your sorry butts out from mediocrity at best) and then the DL CEO at the time squandered the money in the bank with a Comair strike (Cost DL $1 billion at the time), and other poor choices. The DL pilots were a fixed cost (they knew exactly what it was), and it was poor governing.

You guys would have NEVER gotten close to your current rates without a bump from the DL contract. Sure, you are profitable, but showing what the DL pilots made and the SWA profit potential left your manangement with no choice. Now, you need to keep yours where it is at now so the DL pilots can use that as a jumping point eventually, and then you guys will be back to square one---good pay but regional schedules compared to the better paying legacies.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I know you just fly Int'l and enjoy those $10 beers,
Beers are 1 euro all the time on the beach in Malaga!
They're free in the club lounge in TLV
They're 1/2 price at the upstairs bar in GRU.

I'm not sure what you're paying in the airport holiday inn in BWI, but I'll bet it beats the beach on the med any day!:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back