• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Blasts Revised Slot Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My favorite part of this thread is that it has all the "haters" riled up.

Too funny and very predictable. I can't wait to see the reaction when we turn up with more slots.

Gup

LGA kind of sucks anyway, not enough space to get really good taxi speed going - especially with the Delta colored rj's zipping around taking up just as much space as big airplanes. I remember listening to "JoKo" Kolshak in ATL about 7 seven years say they were just "temporarily" flying those mailine LGA (and many other) routes. Hmmm

Much easier to taxi in LBB btw...

Stop flying commuter jets into LGA. Nothing smaller then a DC-9-30 or B737-500. To many regional jets....its a joke, why waste a slot on that?

How about nothing smaller than a 757? LGA is political. Small planes will always be there because small communities want access and their representatives will ensure it. Gridlock or not.

LGA kind of sucks anyway, not enough space to get really good taxi speed going - especially with the Delta colored rj's zipping around taking up just as much space as big airplanes. I remember listening to "JoKo" Kolshak in ATL about 7 seven years say they were just "temporarily" flying those mailine LGA (and many other) routes. Hmmm

Much easier to taxi in LBB btw...

The problem is you taxi a lot more in one day than DL pilots do. Get used to it, no more 1 or 2 leg days----you will work hard the rest of your career. Yes, the pay will be good, but you will grow tired of ELP and MAF. Variety for you will be the blur of airport hotels and 25 min turns. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
You do now, enjoy it while it lasts. I sincerely hope you do as it will help ALL of us in contract repair. Since the creation of luv, you have been at best middle of the pack or lower in pay, benefits, and workrules. You are at the top now not due to anything swapa has done, but more so bankruptcy judges and the ch11 process.

And we make a lot more for less work...what is your point?

Stop flying commuter jets into LGA. Nothing smaller then a DC-9-30 or B737-500. To many regional jets....its a joke, why waste a slot on that?

I believe the majority of these slots are "commuter slots" and can only be used for such. That's what keeps the smaller communities with service.

Not really US's or DAL's call until those restrictions are lifted....I believe DAL's working on that.

Last edited:
You do now, enjoy it while it lasts. I sincerely hope you do as it will help ALL of us in contract repair. Since the creation of luv, you have been at best middle of the pack or lower in pay, benefits, and workrules. You are at the top now not due to anything swapa has done, but more so bankruptcy judges and the ch11 process.

Delta and Northwest pilots VOTED for what you guys have now. Take that crap and try it somebody that doesn't know the facts.

The key is voting in contracts that are sustainable for a profitable company.

Gup

Latest resources

Back