• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on Board with that..SHUT THE DOORS!!!
Bottom line is we are all proffesionals and will move on to better jobs..alot have already and the rest of us are in the process or should be at least..We will find a good job..
However with Sh*tfinger, Babbo, and Babbling Bobs record there gonna be hard press to find work anywhere. They have all been fired once before from there previous jobs. And Flops repution in the industry is well known as is all theres.. I could care less if Flops closes tomorrow. Probably be the best thing that could ever happen in the lives of 500 pilots

Well, I for one would like you all to succeed. I'd hate to have another defunct company on my resume.

That being said, I'd rather it not come at the expense of the pilots and the rest of the employees that have given and given to see the company succeed.

Keep the faith!

The FLOPS remind me of used car salesmen. I think you guys will agree that the analogy fits. It's like this: Over at FLOPS, run by the infamous Shyster Sheeringa, they're trying to push a lemon off on the pilots because they've underestimated their will to push back and their determination to get a fair deal. The pilots are showing the salesmen that they have come to the lot as fully informed buyers and they aren't giving up their hard-earned experience and skill without a good exchange for its value. When the pilots keep standing there sternly pointing out the flaws in the lemon and quoting the going rate, the used car salesmen will wise up and show them the good cars in the back....or watch the pilots go off to another lot where they will be treated right and get a fair deal. After all, the pilots have to have reliable secure "transportation" for themselves and their families.

I think the "car salesmen" need to make the sell. Sure they lined up other buyers foolish enough to take their lemons, but word on the street is that the deal fell apart when the low-credit buyers couldn't get checked out. They also have the problem of a bad reputation to deal with. Too many pilots have been ripped off exchanging their professional skills for a lemon. Those pilots told their friends and neighbors and now potential buyers are going to the other car lots across town.

Reality is dawning and the message is beginning to sink in that ripping people off doesn't really save money. It just ruins a business. The FLOPS can't help but notice that across town business is booming where they're dealing with the pilots fairly and respectfully. It's up to the FLOPS to run their place according to established industry standards or watch it fall to pieces around them. That responsibility belongs to management. The pilots have their own financial obligations and many have families to support. They can't waste time and lose money on shysters like MS. If the FLOPS manager cares about the business he'll follow the lead of his successful peers in the industry.

Wtf

B19,
FLOPS is so poor, yet they keep hiring VP's ever other week. What a joke! Maybe you should ask all those non-union employees how they feel about it! I am waiting for the VP of Bull$hit....oh wait thats your title!
INDUSTRY STANDARD CONTRACT or SHUT THE DOORS!

I agree with shutting the doors. It was FLOPS mgt that drove us to the current position the company is in. The reputation in the industry is a joke. The aircraft is in such a horrible condition we are the biggest joke on the ramp. The company can not attract or retain quality experienced pilots. The company morale is at an all time low.
It is now up to HIG and the current or the new incoming mgt to fix the problems. The fix starts with a CONTRACT. Then HIG can fix the airplanes correctly and deploy a huge marketing campain to get FLOPS back in the game. They will look back on this and realize what a waste of time and money it was to fight this thing. Ford and Harrison-what a waste of money.
Uncle Warren said the fraction industry has seen and continues to see exceptional growth-even in this downturned economy. The other fracs all seem to be forecasting growth but MS only has a shrinking morket share to show for his lame work here.
If FLOPS shut down today it would be the best thing for the 500 remaining pilots-we could all move on to jobs that are better pay and conditions with the pride of knowing we stood up for what was right. The other fracs and charter departments would grow almost overnight. As for the non pilot group at FLOPS-if they lost their jobs-I would feel sorry for them but any group is able to vote in a union. They could even put pressure on the mgt to settle this contract but instead they crumbled to them and try to inflict the scheduling pain that they were instructed to do. If they chose to be an at will employee then so be it take what you asked for.
CONTRACT NOW or CLOSE the DOORS NOW!

Last edited:
B19,
FLOPS is so poor, yet they keep hiring VP's ever other week. What a joke! Maybe you should ask all those non-union employees how they feel about it! I am waiting for the VP of Bull$hit....oh wait thats your title!
INDUSTRY STANDARD CONTRACT or SHUT THE DOORS!

I sent in my application for the VP of Standby Operations to the higher plane address but it was replied with "Not Accepted".

The FLOPS remind me of used car salesmen. I think you guys will agree that the analogy fits. It's like this: Over at FLOPS, run by the infamous Shyster Sheeringa, they're trying to push a lemon off on the pilots because they've underestimated their will to push back and their determination to get a fair deal. The pilots are showing the salesmen that they have come to the lot as fully informed buyers and they aren't giving up their hard-earned experience and skill without a good exchange for its value. When the pilots keep standing there sternly pointing out the flaws in the lemon and quoting the going rate, the used car salesmen will wise up and show them the good cars in the back....or watch the pilots go off to another lot where they will be treated right and get a fair deal. After all, the pilots have to have reliable secure "transportation" for themselves and their families.

I think the "car salesmen" need to make the sell. Sure they lined up other buyers foolish enough to take their lemons, but word on the street is that the deal fell apart when the low-credit buyers couldn't get checked out. They also have the problem of a bad reputation to deal with. Too many pilots have been ripped off exchanging their professional skills for a lemon. Those pilots told their friends and neighbors and now potential buyers are going to the other car lots across town.

Reality is dawning and the message is beginning to sink in that ripping people off doesn't really save money. It just ruins a business. The FLOPS can't help but notice that across town business is booming where they're dealing with the pilots fairly and respectfully. It's up to the FLOPS to run their place according to established industry standards or watch it fall to pieces around them. That responsibility belongs to management. The pilots have their own financial obligations and many have families to support. They can't waste time and lose money on shysters like MS. If the FLOPS manager cares about the business he'll follow the lead of his successful peers in the industry.

Huh? You don't get it do you?

NJ didn't hire and was stagnant and losing money during negotiations, this is normal and you are trying to make it seem like it isn't.

How much is the union paying your husband for you to produce this careless and disrespectful drivel?

How many more embarrassing lines like the one below are you going to write?:

VP of hireing VP's

I sent in my application for the VP of Standby Operations to the higher plane address but it was replied with "Not Accepted".

I want to be apply for a new VP positions, VP of hiring VP's. That seems to be the only growing segment of Floptions. It looks that such a position might be the only one with at least short term security.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back