• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope..Turns out I am too busy doing a long and thorough pre-flight on old broken FLOPS planes. Then I sit in a FBO waiting for MX.

Here we go again with the "safe pre-flight". We'll just add you to the list too buddy.

Just to clear it up now, as I can feel the gunfire responses being formed, I don't advocate illegal flying or carrying write-ups, the same as I don't advocate breaking and airplane in the name of the union...which does happen. *See above post*

Carrying write ups and breaking airplanes both happen and both are wrong. However, if the mx is as bad as claimed, there is not much need for the latter. MHO

Here we go again with the "safe pre-flight". We'll just add you to the list too buddy.

Just to clear it up now, as I can feel the gunfire responses being formed, I don't advocate illegal flying or carrying write-ups, the same as I don't advocate breaking and airplane in the name of the union...which does happen. *See above post*

You just don't get it. If there are 5 pilots at this company Breaking airplanes, I think that would be a lot. YOU need to understand these airplanes are OLD, OLD, OLD, and OLD means thay break. Knowbody is making up writeups at FLOPS, and the union leadership is definately not advocating doing so. So enjoy the 50% increase in LEGAL write-ups since Nov 07

Were done playing your games

Just thinking out loud here...Wonder if theres a way Flops pilots could market themselves to all the Fractionals? Citation Shares,NJ,Flex,XO Jet..And Cause enough of a mass exodos to FLOPS that we actually shut the doors!! At least we would go on our terms and put Flops three Goons out of commission for good..I for one already have a emergency back up job. Just for the reason that I dont think this company is gonna survive anyway..To bad Flops pilots couldnt all set a date when there last day is and all quit on that day..It would solve Sh*tfingers problem of having to pay the pilots a industry standard wage...I am not talking a strike here..I am talking walking out and not coming back..And watch Flops crumble to the ground

I've always thought the pilots that helped to build the company have every right to expect it to be managed like its successful rivals in the industry. I think it's better to insist on a fair contract that makes it possible to stay put where you've made friends and built seniority. The Options pilots have earned a profitable, stable career at FltOps. If the FLOPS (managers) have to be forced by way of the contract to do their jobs with as much professionalism as the pilots then I say hold your ground and make 'em do it.

INEPT MANAGERS DRAGGING THE COMPANY DOWN SHOULD GET THE BLACK BOOT

Games?

You just don't get it. If there are 5 pilots at this company Breaking airplanes, I think that would be a lot. YOU need to understand these airplanes are OLD, OLD, OLD, and OLD means thay break. Knowbody is making up writeups at FLOPS, and 1. the union leadership is definately not advocating doing so. 2.So enjoy the 50% increase in LEGAL write-ups since Nov 07

Were done playing your games
1. Sure they don't admit to it. But there are plenty out there that have that "we'll show 'em" attitude and think this is a good way to bargain. It's indisputable and those who do it know exactly who they are and what thery're doing.

2.How do you explain this increase and where do you get your data? I think an increase like this is something that needs attention, meaning what's the source? How can the fleet all of the sudden have that many more problems?

These airplanes are not "OLD, OLD, etc..." the average age is 8 years. That is pretty young in airplane years. Lear 20s, Westwinds, Saberliners and 20+ Falcons are "old" airplanes and we don't use 'em.

2.How do you explain this increase and where do you get your data? I think an increase like this is something that needs attention, meaning what's the source? How can the fleet all of the sudden have that many more problems?

It looks like someone is out of the loop. :p

Maybe you should ask around to someone who lives by stats :laugh:

1. Sure they don't admit to it. But there are plenty out there that have that "we'll show 'em" attitude and think this is a good way to bargain. It's indisputable and those who do it know exactly who they are and what thery're doing.

These airplanes are not "OLD, OLD, etc..." the average age is 8 years. That is pretty young in airplane years. Lear 20s, Westwinds, Saberliners and 20+ Falcons are "old" airplanes and we don't use 'em.

#1 Your right about the ones that "will show em", but they are on their own, not under union.

#2 Sheringa, go upstairs and ask him, this was right from his mouth.

Not OLD, maybe not in years but when you fly 1200hrs per year on a corporate airframe that should only fly 400hr per year, your gonna break quite a bit

Last edited:

This is classic union rhetoric, they all think they are doing something new. Once the company begins to trend it for evidence, the judge will grant an injunction against the union, the union will claim they didn't sanction it and the union will be told to cease and desist anyway along with putting 25 grand as a bond.

They aren't as bright as they think they are.

Just wondering where you read into the post to think I was doing something illegal? Must be that noxious gas they are pumping into the OCC you are breathing.
Why not do safe and thorough pre and post flights? Isn't that why dispatch send me out to the plane at 5 am to do a 5 hour inspection till my first trip. They obviously didn't want me resting. So I will do the best job that I can do. We have the oldest and most neglected fllet of all the fracs. Do you think it is that difficult to find neglected items?
Don't worry skanza- we will do the fighting for you and you can take the pay raise and either give it back amongst the owners or the general FLOPS budget. I do hope you do something productive with it and tell your family while they are on a nice vacation that it is being provided by the hard working union at FLOPS. Then you can admit to them that you were never one of them but a corporate leach instead. What a role model..

some more 501's coming your way----I can even hear that heap out there breaking......ha ha ha ha ha

Latest resources

Back