Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Maybe I'm the only poor bastard on this forum, but I think paying 1K for a headset is a little over the top. Opinions???

Your hearing is worth a lot more than 1k...if you spend enough time in a loud airplane they are more than worth it.

yes

are you considering bose? i bought some lightspeeds (20G) last year for around 400 and i couldnt be happier. very light, comfy for long trips and ANR is awsome!!!! i highly recommend lighspeeds

I own both a Bose and a LightSpeed. The LightSpeed is slightly more comfortable but the noise cancelling in the Bose greatly superior. But then again, I got the Bose for free. I'm not sure if I'd spend $1k on them. Fortunately I won't have to worry about buying another headset until I do the lightspeed and the Bose in, and that should be a while.

-Goose

I bought a cheap-ass headset from the flight school for around $130. It's not very comfortable, but I don't see any problem as far as clarity. I also find it pretty quiet, although the Cherokee isn't a particularly loud airplane. Regradless, I Just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a headset.......

It's the walking around the ramp that is killing my hearing. I do wear ear plugs, but I notice my wife is always telling me to turn the tv down.

Vandal said:
Your hearing is worth a lot more than 1k...if you spend enough time in a loud airplane they are more than worth it.

Funny, someone who comments like this really doesn't understand the relationship between sound and how it causes damage to the ear. You don't need to spend that kind of money. Without going into depth, what you need is something that blocks the spectrum of harmonics that are conductive to ear damage. A basic Clark 10-30 will do the trick. Now as for blocking frequencies that relate to fatigue and such thats another topic. But your hearing can be protected just as well with a $200 headset as it could with a $1000 one.

Of course..... You only have 1 pair of ears ...

I have 3 products from bose, including the QuiteComforts 2 Head phones..and there amazing on how much outside sound they filer out.

Some people hate BOSE, yes expensive but, if i did not think there products where not worth the money, there is no way i would waste it.

I'd give ebay a try. I've had good luck purchasing some rather pricey items. The caveat is you have to research the seller's feedback. If the seller has any negative feedback read each and every one. Is the negative feedback from some idiot who misspells every other word and constructs sentences like a turd-heaving chimp?? How does the seller respond to any negative feedback? Does he lash out with insults or does he calmly explain his side of the story? If you do your homework and carefully research every headset you're seriously interested in you can walk away with a heckuva good deal. Yes, it's time consuming but in the long term your hearing is worth it. Once it deteriorates it's not going to come back. Take your time and keep a line in the water; you'll find a good deal on a good headset.

Good luck!!

Latest resources

Back