• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN buying some A gates in DEN....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are now doing that. An article stated DL makes 4 times the revenue SWA does now, and UAL six times. You guys are still split with the Airtran merger, with bad attitudes on one side due to the forced SLI, and one side (AT) with bag fees, while SWA says NO to that.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

OYS, you need to do more research before posting stuff like this. Here's some homework for you..

Check the DL expenditures vs SW, and..

Check the debt to equity ratio of both while your at it. We'll be waiting for you to get back to us.

Good luck getting your rates up, your gonna need it bro. Maybe more RJ flying will help.

RF

I'll help

SWA:
Div & Yield .02 (0.20%)

Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 64.86

DAL:
Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)
Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 1,195.83

Thats 1,195 dollars owed for each dollar of value on the company books.

The only thing these number show is one company will be here in 10 years, and one won't.

Last edited:
We are now doing that. An article stated DL makes 4 times the revenue SWA does now, and UAL six times. You guys are still split with the Airtran merger, with bad attitudes on one side due to the forced SLI, and one side (AT) with bag fees, while SWA says NO to that. I just talked to a SWA FO here in DTW who has been there 3 1/2 years after being in the Military over 20 and thanks to the merger and 1000 young AT pilots being placed in front of him on the list, he now doubts he will ever upgrade. 15 more years of 6 leggers to ELP. Happy New Year!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I have to agree with On Your Six. Southwest is not the place to want to work. I either want to fly for Delta or American. I always see the southwest pilots walking around smiling. (How smug are they) ? Also i see them helping out the elderly pushing wheel chairs. I want to be an Airline Pilot not a sky cap. You sure dont see the Delta pilots do that.
I am kind of like a Delta pilot now, as I tell everyone I am , and the pictures of me next to what I fly says Delta all over it. I am actually hoping that soon we might be getting MD 80 s ( THAT IS THE RUMOR)

Also when I get to Delta or American I will never let a Southwest pilot on the Jump-seat or even give them a ride.

One more thing, thanks Southwest, Any hotel I stay at that you guys do,I tell everyone I am a southwest employee and get your discounts.

You know the difference between revenue and profit.....right?

The article stated SWA makes 1/4 the revenue compared to DL. How much profit did you make in 2011 btw? DL made $1.1 billion. You guys......um, not so much. Your 3rd quarter, historically the best for airlines, was actually horrible, except compared to AA's. Throw in that SLI you had, and I can understand why many are defensive on here. Good luck in the new year!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

If he believes that building infrastructure reduces profit, then no, he does not.

The bigger legacies will continue to grow and pick up more revenue and profit due to fees that you don't believe in, except at your subsidiary AT..... You have to make money to build those terminals, and your 3rd quarter last year didn't help. So Hoser, how many AT guys were placed in front of you anyway?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I have to agree with On Your Six. Southwest is not the place to want to work. I either want to fly for Delta or American. I always see the southwest pilots walking around smiling. (How smug are they) ? Also i see them helping out the elderly pushing wheel chairs. I want to be an Airline Pilot not a sky cap. You sure dont see the Delta pilots do that.
I am kind of like a Delta pilot now, as I tell everyone I am , and the pictures of me next to what I fly says Delta all over it. I am actually hoping that soon we might be getting MD 80 s ( THAT IS THE RUMOR)

Also when I get to Delta or American I will never let a Southwest pilot on the Jump-seat or even give them a ride.

One more thing, thanks Southwest, Any hotel I stay at that you guys do,I tell
everyone I am a southwest employee and get your discounts.

You fly 50 seaters? Do you have a resume ready for lav dumping those MD80s you are "hearing about?". That's about the closest you will get to one. And make sure you wear your face guard while servicing those lavs, that would be nasty and funny to see you take a gulp of dump. Sounds like you are used to it anyway, you are full of it.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back