Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No.

AirTran MEC Officers and Merger Committee have been in Dallas for the last week . They began talks on the Transition Agreement on Monday.

You need to check your facts, they didn't talk transition at all. They talked process agreement only.

Transition talks will be between SWA and SWAPA.

You need to check your facts, they didn't talk transition at all. They talked process agreement only.

Transition talks will be between SWA and SWAPA.

So many "experts", so few facts. :rolleyes:

Both teams are in Dallas
The MC is negotiating process
The NC is negotiating Transition (and laterJCBA)

Transition and JCBA will require signatures from all 4 parties (both unions and both companies)

SLI to be approved by SWA pilots and by AT MEC (due to ALPA rules, SLI not sent out to AT pilot group for vote).

Ty,

SWA is not ALPA, the only CBA will be the SWAPA CBA.....correct? JCBA is an ALPA thingy. Being former DALPA, I know that much.

Ty,

SWA is not ALPA, the only CBA will be the SWAPA CBA.....correct? JCBA is an ALPA thingy. Being former DALPA, I know that much.

You may be right, they may not call it a "Joint CBA" but I believe the concept is the same- certain sections of the current SWAPA CBA would have to be modified to reflect the changes.

Regds,
TW

Uh, no it won't, except to maybe add a 717 payscale.

Really, Chief:

Well, I guess you're right and the SWAPA folks and ALPA folks are wrong when they say that specific sections of SWAPA's CBA will be renegotiated.

All hail FI's newest "expert", Scoreboard II. Let me guess what happened to Scoreboard I . . .

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, Ty, lets make personal attacks. Sorry, I can't be an FI expert until I hit 4000 posts...

So oh wise one, what change will befall the SWAPA CBA. I'm waiting....

Last edited:
As I have been saying.....arbitration is not good for the Airtran folks. SWA will benefit more from arbitration.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

What? And SWAPA determining the SLI is better? RIIIIIIGHT! What would the Frontier guys say about that? Arbitration will be GREAT for AT, and not good for the SWA pilots. It can only help the AT pilots' position, and since both are profitable LCCs, I predict AT will do just fine, along with a 40% payraise just to get up to SWA rates (FO). AT brings a lot to the merger too, and that will be seen by the arbitrator I am sure. (and I think you know that too Mr. Chicken Dinner)

Latest resources

Back