• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems the question here is more along the lines of, is this a merger or an aquisition? If it's an aquisition, what becomes of the Airtran pilot group?

I don't think that SWAPA or AAI ALPA would want to sour the relationship like this... too much to be gained with a POSITIVE working atmosphere. Then again, that's just my .02 cents, YMMV.

Lear,
Swapa BOD and membership DOES have to vote on any contract agreement. I just doubt the SWAPA membership would be in any hurry to vote in a contract that gives Airtran pilots a significant qol and pay raises until they saw a SLI agreement.
Just my .02.
-T45

Could be... who knows. At least it's not boring. ;)

Just watching from the peanut gallery like the rest of us and trying, like everyone else, to gauge the "possible" outcomes.

And my tendencies run in the female varietal as well, not that there's anything wrong with the other... :pimp: lol

It seems the question here is more along the lines of, is this a merger or an aquisition? If it's an aquisition, what becomes of the Airtran pilot group?

Hello, Rip van Winkle . . . . Spend a few days getting up to speed, and then feel free to report back with any questions you have that are germaine to the issue.

Integrated into the SWA seniority list in a fair and equitable manner.

ivauir,
I do believe that our contract requires a re-opener for different aircraft types, which would cover having to negotiate terms for the 717 before they could come under our contract. I, however, don't believe that SWAPA would try to "punish" the AT guys by negotiating a low rate for 717 flying for two reasons. One, it would be construed by an arbitrator as being an extreme lack of good faith; and two, most importantly, it wouldn't be the right thing to do to our collective futures/culture. I would imagine that if GK wants us to fly the -800 for the same rates that we won't accept anything less for the 717's.

I would like to add that it is nice to see at least a small amount of reasonableness surfacing on this board. (If you squint, you can almost see it ;)) I'm not advocating any particular solution, but the initials DOH have been showing up a little more often, which maybe means that both sides aren't so entrenched in their positions that we won't be able to work something out between us. Nobody wins in arbitration, imo, and judging from looking at past decisions, the least reasonable group usually loses, again imo.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Your Papas Woody,

Nice job on using paragraphs. I'm very proud. This proves that we can learn something from each other. It's heartening.

It also appears that you have attempted to educate yourself on the relevant law. Apparently you have actually picked up the phone and called your reps. Well done. Perhaps you'd like to review your previous posts and pass them on to your Merger Committee. They will thank you ...... Or not.

Keep up the good work. :D

Contrite, condescending, and arrogant. Well done on the trifecta dicko!

Please ..... I'm blushing. My peoples thank you. However, I don't think I was "contrite". That comes later.

He deserves the spanking. All of us have friends who work at SWA. They may be concerned. Some of them may even be pissed off that SWA didn't grow internally. That has nothing to do with AirTran pilots. None of them went "full retard" regarding the process that we are all going through.

No, I've never applied. Yes I'm qualified.

Cheers.

Your Papas Woody,

Nice job on using paragraphs. I'm very proud. This proves that we can learn something from each other. It's heartening.

It also appears that you have attempted to educate yourself on the relevant law. Apparently you have actually picked up the phone and called your reps. Well done. Perhaps you'd like to review your previous posts and pass them on to your Merger Committee. They will thank you ...... Or not.

Keep up the good work. :D

Nope, I'll stand by everyone of my previous posts. If you want to re-read them, maybe this time you will notice that I never tried to even suggest what would happen with regards to the SLI. I did, however, point out some of the things that will probably considered as part of the totality of this individual situation. Maybe you don't agree, that's your right. But they were valid points, none the less.

Of course, I think it's funny that you never actually tried to rebut any of my arguments, you stooped to pointing out grammatical errors. Heaven forbid I would make such a heinous faux pas on FI. Again, the word for the day is relevancy, kiddos. It's in the dictionary somewhere between rehab and retard, in case you need a little help finding it, dicko. Which, judging from your previous posts, you do.

PW

Latest resources

Back