• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will DAL/NW Merge? Yay or Nay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its funny. The DAL mec hasn't said anything publicly......Yet the loudmouth NWA MEC has already made 2 statements to the press. Its kinda like that little kid in the playground who just got his ass beat in a fight and is throwing that tantrum!
Maybe next time the NWA mec can show up to the table prepared, and without their lopsided demands that are so far out of whack!

Its funny. The DAL mec hasn't said anything publicly......Yet the loudmouth NWA MEC has already made 2 statements to the press. Its kinda like that little kid in the playground who just got his ass beat in a fight and is throwing that tantrum!
Maybe next time the NWA mec can show up to the table prepared, and without their lopsided demands that are so far out of whack!

And people say I'm angry. Throwing the NWA mec under the bus now? Lighten up...you're going to throw gear for these NW guys. You should try to get along with them.

Heyas Propdog,

The fact that the NWA team would rather take arbitration over the current "table offer" deal speaks volumes.

Personally, let this thing die.

Nu

PS Keep Delta their Delta

Can you fill us in on what you know about the table positions and what you would call a "fair" integration? In specifics if possible.

I agree about letting it die. It sounds like it's well on it's way.

And people say I'm angry.
No, people say you're stupid!:laugh:

Throwing the NWA mec under the bus now? Lighten up...
They threw themselves under the bus with their rediculous demands!

you're going to throw gear for these NW guys. You should try to get along with them.
Maybe, but at least it won't be at mesa with the likes of you!:D

NWAs retirements are more than offset by the attrition your fleet faces in the next few years...even with the 787s coming in.

Wrong and double wrong.

So what you are trying to say is that NWA is going to have fleet reductions equal to about 2500 pilot retirements and that things will remain relatively stagnant over the next ten years.

HA HA HA. I need hip waders for how deep it is getting around here.

Let's try and get along...we'll be flying with each other in a while.

Last edited:
I agree about letting it die. It sounds like it's well on it's way.
Yes, let's just let it die!:rolleyes: Let's just wait for a few years to see how things shake out. :laugh:

Did you see the Lufthansa profit for 2007.....$2.5B, yes Billion (on half the pax of WN)! Just how the hell are DL and NWA going to compete with numerous super carriers like this around the globe? You people are living in lala land if you think DL (yes, they will have to spend at least $10B for fleet renewal) is going to be able to make a buck against these carriers that have bank accounts that resemble bottomless pits.

:pimp:​

Wrong and double wrong.

So what you are trying to say is that NWA is going to have fleet reductions equal to about 2500 pilot retirements and that things will remain relatively stagnant over the next ten years. .

No, I am trying to say when you balance the attrition of both pilots and aircraft with aircraft deliveries, your advancement for the next 5-10 years is not that different than what a Delta pilot can expect.

Latest resources

Back