Will DAL/NW Merge? Yay or Nay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still negotiating or off for now??

Did the negotiators even meet after their Friday meeting? Are they planning to meet again to hash this out OR are they calling the whole thing off? I wonder if this will be forced into arbitration as well. Anyone??

Heyas Prop,

This is the wrong place to ask.

Call your rep.

MY $0.02 is that barring some 11th hour agreement, it's over and done. RA is no dummy...he's a tech ops guy, and knows NWA front and back. He knows that a bad integration would be Roberts X 10, and the result would trash the result and eliminate any gains.

If the "synergies" were SO compelling that it would override this, it would have happened by now.

Nu

Don't get pissed "smarty." It wasn't a slam at you, but, it WAS funny. Yea...I caught the fact that he was blue book as am I. You don't have to be on the property a long time to "get" the red/green book feuds at NWA. I flew with the #1 blue book guy the other day and he's been around a pretty long time (initially hired by Republic but after the announcement). Are you saying he can't get the feud because he's blue book? I don't think so. As far as SLI, I wasn't going to get to it at all. I won't contribute to the "sword fight." I won't pass rumors or buy into any of the media reports/leaks. I won't stir the pot. I'm patiently waiting for words from my MEC. Have a nice day.

That is probably the best idea but it is tough not to get caught up in all the chatter. Nobody really knows what is going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it anyway. Hope for the best.

As far as the red/green/blue book thing, my point was that just because he was an employee does not make him an expert. Who knows how long he even flew here?

And no I did not expect that answer, it was a punch in the face.

If DAL/NWA merger does not happen, what is the phase-out plan for the Diesel 9 fleet? How will this impact the current Diesel 9 pilot group? Will the Diesel 9s primarily be replaced by E175s? Can someone elaborate on this topic?
They will probably buy the C series if the numbers are good enough.

Today Anderson stated we could go it alone and do just fine, and Steenland stated consolidation is "inevitable." Sounds like Steenland really wants a merger, and to retire. He may not get either, which could be bad for you, twice.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Of course he would say that, why would he give leverage if he wants a merger on delta's terms?? Look at the balance sheets to see the real story, NWA and Delta can't make it on the 15% increase in fuel we have already seen this year. With the Fed's loose inflationary policy, oil is predicted to go to an average of $112 bl for 2008. To top it off, they have an excessive CRJ fuel problem they could ease off of in a merger.

Latest resources

Back