• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should change your screen name to something more catchy, like TurdThrower or PooSlinger.

Thread continues because it is giving information on a declining department that has been hiring and will be hiring very soon.

Some poor schlub is going to look at a position there and should know what the climate is like.

I do not understand why there this "head in the sand" approach to this thread.

With all due respect, that poor schlub you speak of would have figured that out over a year ago. The disparaging remarks have continued for over 15 months, now it just looks desperate.

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' "He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. 'I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

Let's get this back on track then. This will be relevant to anyone wishing to become a part of this circus. Early retirement plan is in effect. The number of openings will be decided shortly. CP has been essentially gone for a couple years, will now exit the hangar. Several others are eligible, possibly a total of 4 total. The huge downside is the Pompous One may actually realize his dream of further destroying a once proud department, in spite of his long and distinguished list of "missteps". Others are circling the position, are are much more qualified. Another strong possibility is hiring an outsider to come and right this sinking ship.

Departures could end this thread as the source could be leaving

your ******************************bagery is quite masterful. Carry on with this stupid ass thread.

your ******************************bagery is quite masterful. Carry on with this stupid ass thread.
It is now very evident that a college degree has nothing to do with posting on FI. Compared to hauling auto parts out of KYIP on a 50 years old DA-20 in mid-January for $35K/yr, AT&T is a great job, and I have about 40 people who would quit on a moments notice if they could get a job there.

It is now very evident that a college degree has nothing to do with posting on FI. Compared to hauling auto parts out of KYIP on a 50 years old DA-20 in mid-January for $35K/yr, AT&T is a great job, and I have about 40 people who would quit on a moments notice if they could get a job there.

Ability to punctuate doesn't have any bearing on posting here either.

Ahem.

As to the rest of the above...........

The race to the bottom continues.

SMH.

Carry on!

Last edited:
An article in the WSJ from the 5th largest employment agency in the country.

"Another big hurdle is the widening skills deficit. At any given time, Mr. Funk says, Express has as many as 20,000 jobs the company can't fill because workers don't have the skills required. His advice to young people who are looking for a solid career is to get training in accounting (thanks to Dodd-Frank's huge expansion of paperwork), information technology, manufacturing-robotics programming, welding and engineering. He's mystified why Express has so much trouble filling thousands of information-technology jobs when so many young, working-age adults are computer literate.

He blames public schools and universities for the skills mismatch. Young people looking for a financially secure future might want to heed one of his favorite pieces of cautionary advice: "If you've got a college degree in psych, poly-sci or sociology, sorry, I can't help you find a job." He urges greater emphasis on vocational and practical skills training in schools, universities and junior colleges."

People are graduating from college with no marketable skills, yet 1,000's of good paying jobs go u8nfilled because no one has the skills. This fits right in with what I have saying for year, the purpose of advanced education is to give you skills that lead to a good paying job that is in demand. Well except when it comes to flyign an airplane where the college degree has nothing to do with the skill set needed for the job, it is only a screening method used by uninformed HR departments.

here is link to the entire article

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324492604579087044033601178.html

35k /yr? OUCH
You mean AT&T pays more than that, must be a good job then. BTW: $35K is almost twice what you get at a 121 regionla as an F/O, but back to the thread.

Am I giving out bad advice? Where have I said you should not go to college? I have said it has nothing to do with flying an airplane. I know too many good pilots without degrees, and you flew with a lot of them and can confirm that statement. I have said that the pursuit of a degree that does not lead to a decent job is a waste of time in college. I have that said going to college part time or on-line is an alternate way to get a degree. I have never said "Do not go to college" My only dog in this fight is the mindset of many posters that "you must go the 4 years of college right out of high school" or you are a failure and not be really "Cool" like me. College is not for everyone, there are too many successful people out there who did not go to college. BTW Anyone considering college and does not come away with the intent of this thread is not college material to start with.

Latest resources

Back