Why I am posting this I don't know

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice Of Reason said:
That's exactly what happens to pilots who follow the regs. IBT didn't do that...pilots did. PILOTS are doing all the work...you just have an illusion of security "protecting" you. Kind of like the little kid on his bike for the first time without training wheels..

Do you follow the regs? The 135 rest rules?

From what I'm seeing....and I think that I have a very good seat....the NJ pilots, now that they have their own local are an example of a union at its most basic:

n] an organized attempt by workers to improve their status by united action especially via labor unions (especially the leaders of this movement)

Their determination to succeed and their regard for one another, which is evidenced by donations that advanced their cause and made their own local possible along with the countless hours volunteers work on projects that will benefit the entire group, is proof of what a union CAN be. Focusing too much on the IBT connection just clouds the issue. The REAL heart of any union is the LOCAL. Concerned pilots standing together and helping one another--THAT is what is important and deserving of notice.

Here's what I can't figure out in the original post...That you did not seek other employment with known salaries of 95K? I for one hope and pray for a great contract for all you NJA folks. I also hope for the sppedy orginazation of the FLOPS folks. I just have a hard time seeing someone sit around hoping and waiting for the next contract..after all the last one took how long?

Don't flame me for this post..I agree with all you said about the union, regs and safety...Just cant imagine a very qualified pilot not trying to improve his/her current situation.

But that is EXACTLY what the NJ pilots are working hard to do---improve their situation. You cannot (fairly, anyway) compare this StrongUnion MEC and negotiating team to the last Failed 5! EVERYTHING about them is different, and having their own local will make a huge difference as well. We are hearing June as an ETA for a new contract/TA. The company is finally motivated to get it settled, too. And even if they weren't, the mediator IS....:)

I can assure you that the countless hours my husband spends on the projects that he has been assigned by the MEC, is MUCH more productive than "sitting around hoping and waiting for the next contract". He tells me that our leadership and negotiating team "inspire confidence". I can tell you that they have inspired my family to sacrifice a lot of our time together and part with some of those hard-earned NJ dollars. We all know that both of those are in short supply for frac pilots, so that should tell you something of our belief in the cause. Other families are doing the same.
Netjetwife

netjetwife said:
We are hearing June as an ETA for a new contract/TA.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought June was the last month with scheduled, mediated negotiations. Unless Santulli has a huge change of heart I would not expect to be reading a new TA in the June timeframe. If I am, then I would expect it to be a slight improvement over the last crappy TA. I expect Santulli to make several offers, each slightly better than the last to see if he can continue to lower expectations and get closer to his 50% + 1 goal.

I expect to know more in June than I know now, but I don't think it's realistic to think we are going to be close to a good contract by June. I also think it's a mistake to raise potential a new-hire's optimism that he/she should come here expecting things to be better in a few more months. This is going to take much longer than most people think.

Majik, I agree. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, thanks for keeping me on my toes...:) Notice that I didn't say it would be all finished in June. Or that the TA would be one that would pass. Certainly I expect there to be offers and counteroffers; I guess I see that as a given. But at least it is a sign of progress and will be concrete steps towards getting a fair/good contract. The beginning to the end, if you will. That said, it would seem wiser for anyone thinking of coming to NJA to wait until they know EXACTLY what they will be signing on for. How do you make an informed decision without information??

To pilots in other fractional companies---isn't now a good time to be joining ASAP and turning in your cards, getting organized so that when the NJ pilots get a good contract y'all are ready to follow their lead? It seems to me, reading what is happening at Options, that it is time to take a stand there, as well.

I will keep this brief as possible. My current ultimate supervisor is a former NetJets VP. I don't think he has any axe to grind as he is out of there and free of any incriminations as far as I know.

He says a newbe can make $35,000+ the first year the way things are set up. The posts I see on this forum say otherwise. So, is it possible for a guy/gal to collect say 35/45,000 the first year some how?

I wish you folks all the best in your efforts to put together a good if not great contract.

netjetwife said:
To pilots in other fractional companies---isn't now a good time to be joining ASAP and turning in your cards, getting organized so that when the NJ pilots get a good contract y'all are ready to follow their lead? It seems to me, reading what is happening at Options, that it is time to take a stand there, as well.

No, it's time to seek a job where pilots can be treated as and represented by professionals, not wait 5 to 10 years like NetJets hoping that IBT (or the exact same union calling itself ASAP...just new 'cold case' pilots as reps) will eventually "save the day".

Now is also a good time for NetJetsWife to go take care of the kids...

Perhaps he was just repeating what he had been told, which IS what they were telling pilots during interviews (I don't know if they still are). Was the POTENTIAL there? Possibly, I guess, if you didn't care how many days you would have to be gone AND IF you actually received all the days that you volunteered to extend for. My husband didn't always get the measly 2 a month that he asked for, nor did he make more than 28K. The reality is that the NJ FO wages qualified our son for the reduced/"poor kid" lunch price at his public school.

Spooky 1, thanks for the words of support! The NJ pilots and their families are working for a FAIR contract. The pilots there ARE PROFESSIONALS and demand to be paid as such. ASAP was organized by fractional (NJ) pilots for the benefit of fractional pilots....certainly NOT the same as IBT. Having their own local--1108--will allow them to acquire the help of EXPERTS in the contract battle.

Voice, my kids are fine, thanks for asking. They're both here beside me and both understand that their father is grossly underpaid. As children often do, they see things clearly and have a knack for going to the heart of a problem--they are mad at the "greedy guys". Your phrase "save the day" is totally without basis applied to the NJ pilots who are working tirelessly, pooling their strength and money in a united effort to better their situation, and hopefully, that of other frac pilots, as well! Basic fairness demands giving credit where credit is due.

Spooky 1 said:
He says a newbe can make $35,000+ the first year the way things are set up. The posts I see on this forum say otherwise. So, is it possible for a guy/gal to collect say 35/45,000 the first year some how?

You can if you are able to get bypass pay or upgrade to Capt. In the past that was happening in the first couple of months. There was recently a stretch of about 25 or so months that nobody upgraded or got bypass pay. It was only stopped by an artificial effort to get people NOT to bid to upgrade and let the junior man get PIC and therefore everyone senior to him on Capts pay. $37K. Yes $37 K Capt on the mighty Citation X.

Latest resources

Back