• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why I am posting this I don't know

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My family is one of the 116 to benefit from that wonderful show of unity. My thanks to ALL the NJ pilots! To the other FO/FO families, please know that your plight is NOT being ignored. SU knows your worth and is fighting hard for you.

Do you get to enjoy your overnights or are you so tired you go straight to bed?Or does it depend on the aircraft?

netjetwife said:
Voice, my kids are fine, thanks for asking. They're both here beside me and both understand that their father is grossly underpaid.

First of all...How sad that you would think it normal to involve children in the loop that their father is "grossly underpaid," as if kids these days don't have enough stress piled on them.

Do you know why I don't feel sorry for these kids, really, though?

Because "NetJetWife" is one of many IBT handles (not a female NOR a wife) to represent each group they want to appeal to, in their desperation to gain support they don't have.

Ask any real housewife/mother today if they have time to spend all day everyday on a message board AND sending out propaganda by various other avenues. Please, we weren't born yesterday.

As in mosts things, Voice - you're mistaken again. NJW is exactly who she says she is, a wife of a NetJets pilot. You, on the other hand, are nothing but a troll that spouts venom everytime you get on the board. You add nothing substantive to the discussions here. Another candidate for the ignore button.

NJW:

I interviewed this week, and both Derrinda and Jerry were very open about the situation. And, they pretty much said its 27K. Sure, they did mention per diem, but they did stress the salary is what it is. Also, about 2 1/2 years DEPENDING on aircraft for upgrades. Upper level planes may be a long time.
I have been reading these boards for a while, and I must say they did not try to hide anything. The pay and bennies are what they are, you decide.

Not a cool aid drinker, but I think they were pretty honest, to give them their due.

Hung Start said:
NJW:

I interviewed this week, and both Derrinda and Jerry were very open about the situation. And, they pretty much said its 27K. Sure, they did mention per diem, but they did stress the salary is what it is. Also, about 2 1/2 years DEPENDING on aircraft for upgrades. Upper level planes may be a long time.
I have been reading these boards for a while, and I must say they did not try to hide anything. The pay and bennies are what they are, you decide.

Not a cool aid drinker, but I think they were pretty honest, to give them their due.

2 1/2 years isn't even close. You better plan on 5 years or longer. I've been here 2 1/2 years and I was 400 numbers junior to the least senior successful bidder in the last 400XP bid. You'll be 400 numbers junior to me. How is 2 1/2 years ever going to happen? The answer is it isn't.

HS, I'm happy to hear it. I think they may well have learned their lesson from past interviews. One of the big reasons that the last bypass bid operation was so successful is because many of the pilots knew that the guys on the bottom of the list had been misled in their interviews. You have to think that bumping up the pay of 116 FOs, all at once, WOULD dictate a change in hiring procedures.

Psysicx, not only does it depend on the aircraft flown, but the day's mission as well. The worst I've seen is when my husband is too tired to call home at night. Having fallen asleep while talking to me on the phone, he now has learned it's better just not to call if he can't talk for at least a little while. At the best of times, he tells me that he and the Capt have had a nice (read that hot) dinner together in a restaurant. Most typically, though, he eats leftover catering food or hours old crew meals while we talk briefly and he tells me that he's tired. The XL stays busy, but I don't think his days are too different from many other NJ pilots.....or even some of the other frac pilots.

Griz, I think you may well be right about Voice. Why is it that some don't like to hear the family perspective? Those that know me, understand that my family feels very strongly about the NJ fight for FAIRNESS.

If you could see and hear...:) the noisy background that I type in, Voice, you'd KNOW that I'm a mother with perfectly normal kids. Pilots aren't the only ones who can multi-task. An IBT handle??? What a notion! Sorry to disappoint your thirst for drama. I'm just an informed wife with a strong sense of right and wrong who firmly believes that people should stand up for themselves and speak out when they are treated unjustly. I don't know why you insist on dragging IBT into this. The pilots at NJ are the ones in the ring and it is them that I'm cheering for. THEY are the ones who have gotten their own local, donated their money to SU, and are spending countless hours working on projects for the good of all. Many of their names are mentioned in our home; the IBT RARELY ever is.

Latest resources

Back