Who does the take-off briefing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ puppy said:
You have got to be shatting me...high speed take-off roll transfer of controls?!?

Now I HAVE heard everything!

:)

I have never seen this type of operation before either untill I came here.

For those who've flown "wetdream" jetstream, the guy in the right seat doesn't get on until 70 kts. Then he gets off at 70 too. This seems to be pretty common for turboprops of this type. Seemed pretty screwed up when I first heard about it too, but you have very little rudder effictivness if any before that, althought Stifler's mom is right, your usually hanging on before that to see whats gonna happen when the tiller comes out of the equation. Usually I'll tell the guy if it's going one way or the other, but not always...keeps em on their toes.

DL--the pilot flying. The Capt listens and makes his/her own comments afterwards if it is the FO's leg.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

avpro91 said:
For those who've flown "wetdream" jetstream, the guy in the right seat doesn't get on until 70 kts. Then he gets off at 70 too. This seems to be pretty common for turboprops of this type.

Ditto...Same on the Shorts

When I flew Dash's, and it was the FO's leg, the Capt lined it up and then handed the airplane over, FO would advance the power levers and Capt would set T/O power.

Capt would be on the tiller only for a short distance.

The FO would also conduct the brief.

At my airline, the FO does not have abort authority, even on his leg, We as FO's "call out malfuntions" but do not call for the abort.

Also, if there is going to be an abort, the capt conducts the abort, even on the FO's leg. Is there anybody out there that has heard of this before?

Jetlink said:
COEX - Flying Pilot

Its usually something like, "I'm pretty non-standard, this airplane that runway, Acceleration Height is standard, up to 5000, Lufkin 4 Departure...any questions?"

NOW I know why I've been seeing so many altitude busts coming out of IAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back