• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Aircraft to Build?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good, just rather touchy subject with me.

looking at experimental as a whole - dangerous as many are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 of a kind planes - the bugs are not ironed out, many are acrobatic and finicky planes.

BUT, many are quite docile and have excellent records.

I've got a RV 8 tail kit for sale. I built the rear spar and then decided to start a vineyard. No time or money to finish the build. PM me if you're interested.

Remember 1) You'll never get your money out of a homebuilt 2) There are substantial libilty issues if you (or your heirs) ever want to sell a homebuilt and 3) Your life insurance probably won't cover you if you auger in in a homebuilt.

Once you get past that, build a T-18. Same performance as an RV for half the money. Better yet, buy one that has been built already and then get an extensive pre-buy by someone who knows the type intimately.

Not that intimately, of course.

For what it's worth (and I know nobody asked me), I think I'll hold off on building/flying homebuilts. I've just heard too many horror stories. I'll save my 9 lives for something else. But if you guys like it, more power to ya! Those airplanes are definitely cool, but it won't be me flying them.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back