• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA & USA Today Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have a comprehension problem or something?

By "something" do you mean, for example, a mild case of autism or other inability to "connect the dots"?

Everytime someone has something new to post , you seem to need some sort of further clarification.

By "clarification" I assume you mean to clear up any ambiguities or vague references. In that case the answer is "yes".

Why don't you take what the person says at face value?

I do, after any needed "clarification" is obtained.

Ah,the intial stages of Alzaheimers claims another unfortunate victim.:rolleyes:

Just to clarify, are you refering to yourself?

Must be very hot out there. You seem cranky.

A friend on the West side told me 2 A330 pilots were fired recently because they left the apu running on a transatlantic flight, is it true?

Also had a East pilot on my jumpseat a few weeks ago and he told me he starts both engines for taxi everytime. He also told me he leaves the apu on once in a while. I didn't want to create a hostile enviremont but I though he was an idiot. Fuel is so expensive and some of these guys just want to make the company hurt.

This issue has nothing to do with seniority.

xxxxxxx is about nothing but a seniority grab.

But I guess someone with your moral character would not know the difference.
Coming from an Eastie, I take that as a compliment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an average of 2500 pounds of fuel over the course of a trans Atlantic flight.
That works out to 7-10 minutes of fuel in the 330 and a little more in the 76.

Do you still have issues with the fuel or are you still to filled with hate that the East wont let you order the fuel in that 330 for a few more years.
You can hate the East til the cows come home, but if you cant put that aside when management does something like this, (using the training dept as a hammer), or see the repercussions that this stunt would do to all airline pilots, I dont believe there is any hope.
You dont have to hate the East any less to not support management telling the Captain how much fuel he is allowed to have.

More typically myopic B.S. from the east. Now, all of the sudden, Captains authority is sacred? I love how you guys select what you believe on an ever changing, day to day basis. What about the jumpseat? Surely you remember your union crying to a federal judge, under the ridiculous auspice of RICO predicates, to remove all captains authority to disallow a jumpseater.

Hypocrite. You guys have zero integrity and you can shove your self satisfied moral compass up your well worn A... I find your concern for "all airline pilots" to be laughable. USAPA is nothing but a cancer on this profession and supporting that IMO, is worse than crossing a picket line.

And yes, I do hate you MFers. Also, for the record, I fully support management against anything that harms/weakens the East. Hopefully, those 8 blue hairs are made an example of and terminated.

FR8,

In theory, I'd agree that bringing someone into training for adding fuel is BS....BUT, when we regularly see East A/C all over the system burning both engines and the APU on taxi out/in and USAPA espousing 'contract negotiations mode', it's hard for us to keep our suspicions at bay that fuel is being intentionally wasted.

It is even harder for us to get behind the call to arms to defend Captain's Authority considering USAPA attempted to remove Captain's Authority from control of the jumpseat via a restraining order. The hypocricy of the current outrage is ripe.

I would be much more concerned with your 'union's' willingness to spend 100k+ to sue AWA pilots and another 100k+ to put an ad in the USA Today while the company is actively attempting to furlough large numbers from both sides.

Current top priorities for other real unions are fighting tooth and nail to mitigate furloughs by any and all means necessary. USAPA has publically stated that they believe the furloughs are a negotiation move by the company. In the meantime, they've become consumed with attacking/threatening the west over dues money, passing resolutions on gear pin usage and appointing themselves the 'defenders' of captain's authority while systematically ignoring the pressing needs of the majority of the pilot group. USAPA is a total joke.

PositiveRate -

Would you say that a top priority for a "real union" is to get equal pay for equal work? So why is it that one part of the pilot group makes 15% more than the other group - and the group that makes more has done nothing to correct that when we all work for the same airline?

Metrojet

PositiveRate -

Would you say that a top priority for a "real union" is to get equal pay for equal work? So why is it that one part of the pilot group makes 15% more than the other group - and the group that makes more has done nothing to correct that when we all work for the same airline?

Metrojet

Since he hasn't answered yet. It's because one group is a bunch of morons that blew the chance to see a 40% payraise.

PositiveRate -

Metrojet

The mechanism required to do what you're asking of the West has been removed by the East. It's called disenfranchisement. What is it the West should be doing for you now and exactly how should that get done? Join your fake union? Pay dues to have our careers destroyed? Accept your illegal after-the-fact- constitution? Please let me know, I can't wait to hear.

When Metrojet died, you should have moved on. Accepting recall was clearly a mistake. Most guys did, why not you?

So why is it that one part of the pilot group makes 15% more than the other group - and the group that makes more has done nothing to correct that when we all work for the same airline?
It might have something to do with the pilot group that pulled out of joint contract negotiations during the summer of 2007 when the company was profitable. Forgot that, did ya?

becket or is this Suzie from the crew news session on 7/8?

Either way, you need to chill. Its just a job and the hamas tactics will not get you group squat. The EAST will out number you even more due to the furloughs coming your way. So things are not looking good for non union pilots.
With the nic list you would see west pilots displacing east pilots in their bases. Very low yields in PHX and LAS hence the downsizing.

I am glad that we remain separate. I do not want anything to do we hate filled workers that want to take away our jobs. Permanent fences and the west can have your Nic.

Marty

Becket -

It is very hard to reason with someone who calls you "MFers", and supports anything that management does to harm/weaken the East - and maybe - one day they might try to "harm/weaken" the West - and last time I was at work - Captain's Authority applied to both East and West Captains.

Metrojet

Latest resources

Back