• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways off the runway at PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not an embarrassment that a single Westie stoops to this level. It's a shame that not a single Westie has the freedom or courage to speak the truth about being a real professional.

I just threw up in my mouth!

I just threw up in my mouth!

I have never seen a West poster say anything positive about Sully, neither have I ever seen a West poster be able to post in a way that divorces their obsessive East hatred from any comment they make on anything related to safety or an aircraft incident. I have met such West pilots in person but evidently they don't post anywhere on line.

A US Airways Airbus A320-200, registration N113UW performing flight US-1702 from Philadelphia,PA to Fort Lauderdale,FL (USA) with 149 people on board, was accelerating for takeoff from runway 27L when one of the nose gear tyres blew causing the aircraft to veer off the runway. The crew rejected takeoff, the aircraft came to a stop off the runway with the nose gear collapsed. The aircraft was evacuated. There were no injuries.

I'd reserve judgment on the crew for just a bit yet. There have been rare situations whereby a crew has justifiably aborted beyond V1 and bent the airplane, but saved lives.

No truer have ever been spoken... Until we know all the facts behind this indecent, who can say what should have happened if they weren't actually there... What I know now is that something bad happened and all crewmembers and passengers are alive and well tonight because of the flight crew's actions... beyond that, nothing else really matters...

I've heard so many different things, not going to post the rumors, none of them may be correct. Just glad everyone's alright.

Latest resources

Back