• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As someone who is line for the "preferential hiring" I have two questions.
1) do you think usair is going to furlough in the next couple of years with the economy the way it is?
2) I understand the last group hired were offered positions out west. can anyone confirm this? I don't want to take the job if I have to move out west.

1) do you think usair is going to furlough in the next couple of years with the economy the way it is?
2) I understand the last group hired were offered positions out west. can anyone confirm this? I don't want to take the job if I have to move out west.
Sairways still has the oldest pilot group

The first 4 all went west I know this as fact. As for the furlough it is allways possible, but at least Usairways still has the oldest pilot group. Good luck with your decision.

Amazingly enough, we might actually be one of the better places to be in this downturn. If the recession is prolonged or oil continues to materially rise from these levels, no ones job will be safe.

The fact that we're still running classes is nice. The attrition over the next decade is significant. The labor picture is ugly, but will hopefully improve in coming years.

Good luck.

I checked the status of my application. It still shows recruiter review and it has been since October.

I, too, have been in Recruiter Review since January. Any idea on what that means or if I even have a shot?

Rusty I am kinda wierd about trying for US Airways too. Right now if you go and by chance they furlough you have no flowback rights to PDT. Thus now if you get furloughed from a mainline job during a downturn you are screwed. Where are you gonna go?

From what I hear too was the the guys that got based out West have to pay for there hotels because they are consider in base.

Everything is a risk, but with things the way they are I think I will chill and wait to see if the flowthru does get worked out.

Be nice to have a safety net with all thats going on.

Rusty I am kinda wierd about trying for US Airways too. Right now if you go and by chance they furlough you have no flowback rights to PDT. Thus now if you get furloughed from a mainline job during a downturn you are screwed. Where are you gonna go?

From what I hear too was the the guys that got based out West have to pay for there hotels because they are consider in base.

Everything is a risk, but with things the way they are I think I will chill and wait to see if the flowthru does get worked out.

Be nice to have a safety net with all thats going on.

Wsurf did you apply? I applied back in Oct but I have some reservations about going. I really don't want them to call me because I don't want to have to make the decision. I am not sure I can take the pay cut right now, and I certainly don't want to be out west right now.

USAPA, ALPA, TEAMSTERS!!!! is the SOS, but what ever, just keep back stabing each other, pointing fingers are each other becuase is the fault of the EAST no whait the WEST whait whait is it MNGMNT no way...

Latest resources

Back