US Airways Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iflyhigh

Just jumpseated with a interview captain this week. According to him, for now US Airways is not interviewing anyone from the outside. The only pilots they are currently looking at are the Piedmont/PSA guys.

New hire classes will be slowing down here real soon and possible come to a stop.

As far as updating your app, there have been problems with the system. HR is working with the IT department to get it corrected. (OK I will be honest, that might take a few months, IT is working on a lot of projects.)

It I receive anymore info I will pass it along.

iflyhigh

IT at USAirways is an oxymoron. They don't use or produce much information and they definately DO NOT use technology

It reminds me of the Breaking news scene in the movie Airplane. When the guy in the jungle is sending a message by beating on a log. Then someone off screen hands him a different set of sticks for the new story. We still have a website that will not support Explorer 7

Good luck though

A few Air wisky guys have gotten on recently, we are not part of the flow program.

Maybe somebody could better explain the preferential hiring of Piedmont/PSA guys. My understanding is that there is no "official" program but that preferential interviewing is taking place as a sort of handshake agreement due to the whole Jets for Jobs thing, basically a thank you for taking the furloughed US Air guys a few years back. It has the same effect as a flow program. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I am curious as to how the pool is managed to assign class dates... does anybody know if it is a simple First In First Out? Or are there other factors?

Maybe somebody could better explain the preferential hiring of Piedmont/PSA guys. My understanding is that there is no "official" program but that preferential interviewing is taking place as a sort of handshake agreement due to the whole Jets for Jobs thing, basically a thank you for taking the furloughed US Air guys a few years back. It has the same effect as a flow program. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I am curious as to how the pool is managed to assign class dates... does anybody know if it is a simple First In First Out? Or are there other factors?

No, Piedmont/PSA were suppose to have flowthru rights to Mainline due to a concessionary aggreement signed a few years back.

The agreement provided for RJ's and Flowthru to mainline if concessions were taken.

Now US Airways is not going thru with the contractual rights of PSA/PDT. Hence a lawsuit maybe established. Another meeting is scheduled for the end of April between Mainline and PDT/PSA to hammer out details of a flowthru.

The important thing was that All WO's pilots were to be offered jobs before anyone off the street. (remember seniority is everything in this biz) This is the sticking point.

So in the meantime Mainline decided to Hire 100 pilots from PSA/PDT this year.

More to come on this situation.

No, Piedmont/PSA were suppose to have flowthru rights to Mainline due to a concessionary aggreement signed a few years back.

The agreement provided for RJ's and Flowthru to mainline if concessions were taken.

Now US Airways is not going thru with the contractual rights of PSA/PDT. Hence a lawsuit maybe established. Another meeting is scheduled for the end of April between Mainline and PDT/PSA to hammer out details of a flowthru.

The important thing was that All WO's pilots were to be offered jobs before anyone off the street. (remember seniority is everything in this biz) This is the sticking point.

So in the meantime Mainline decided to Hire 100 pilots from PSA/PDT this year.

More to come on this situation.

things would have been so much easier if parker had just dumped the US airways name...

Latest resources

Back