• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long is reserve at Airways?
E190 vs. 320?
Long call vs. short call?
Thanks

I honestly think it's up in the air right now and highly variable. I only did two months of short call DC Airbus and have been on long call ever since. I'm 20+ away from a primary line and getting further every bid. People from my class are starting to hold long call in CLT on the bus and the 190 guys from my class are in the high 20s in base. We were hired in July.

On the 190 you should have a line within your first year. Although with the new pay rates some may stay longer (before going to G2) as the new pay on the 190 is what G2 is now.

As for G2 aircraft (737 and AB) it will be around 2 years to a line (my guess) unless things change wrt AA.

I have about 300 number under me and would start to approach a line in PHL and CLT on the AB and could hold a secondary in DCA.

The 737 is being reduced. We have 32 400's now but will be at 14 by years end and 0 by the end of 2014.

How long is reserve at Airways?
E190 vs. 320?
Long call vs. short call?
Thanks

I assume you mean on the east side since that's where all new hires are going..
You don't wanna know how long reserve is on the west..

On the 190 you should have a line within your first year. Although with the new pay rates some may stay longer (before going to G2) as the new pay on the 190 is what G2 is now.

As for G2 aircraft (737 and AB) it will be around 2 years to a line (my guess) unless things change wrt AA.

I have about 300 number under me and would start to approach a line in PHL and CLT on the AB and could hold a secondary in DCA.

The 737 is being reduced. We have 32 400's now but will be at 14 by years end and 0 by the end of 2014.

Where did you read that the 190 would pay group 2 pay??

Averaged about 15 to 20 hours a month since August . Usually an out and back or a real easy two day. If you live in base and have some hobbies to fight the boredom you can't beat it. On the downside I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to a real airline schedule as I'm getting too used to semi retirement .

Averaged about 15 to 20 hours a month since August . Usually an out and back or a real easy two day. If you live in base and have some hobbies to fight the boredom you can't beat it. On the downside I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to a real airline schedule as I'm getting too used to semi retirement .

Also this.

When are the "Sand People" as you called them going to start displacing the third listers and current Easties from their spots that weren't earned due to the Nic award? It's just a matter of time, and it is justified. It's called a "binding" award for a reason Lear. Your prognosticating has plenty of gaps in there, be careful to include outcomes that are most likely, and not the fantasy USAPA version.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back