• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your little yellow lanyard says otherwise. An injunction that neuters your union is the mark of a true professional.

Someday you'll grow out of it.

Never wore the yellow lanyard. Been around a few mergers to see deeply divided and pi$$ed off people like you getting consumed by anger and hating life and the world. Posting opinions is one thing, but reading your posts with some (unfounded) accusations is quite another. I am beginning to wonder if you are emotionally fit enough to fly. I heard the carpet dance with R.S. is not very enchanting. As I previously mentioned, don't assume anonymity on this board. Your masked ID might fall faster than you think. Just some advice...

Grow happy. You might live longer.

Last edited:
The poser has a bobber and it is bouncing somtin' fierce. Might not have a landing net big enough!

GL knows what I am talking about. He either doesn't have the cojones to mention it, or he thinks his poop doesn't stink.... Sh!t can fly BOTH ways!

GL knows what I am talking about. He either doesn't have the cojones to mention it, or he thinks his poop doesn't stink.... Sh!t can fly BOTH ways!

Ummmm what? I can tell you something the DL/NW merger did correctly that the AWA/US merger did NOT, and that was abide by the agreed upon SLI award. It's really NOT that difficult, except for a few of you. FOLLOW the AWARD or don't do binding arbitration. That is the way it goes. Not too tough to understand.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ummmm what? I can tell you something the DL/NW merger did correctly that the AWA/US merger did NOT, and that was abide by the agreed upon SLI award. It's really NOT that difficult, except for a few of you. FOLLOW the AWARD or don't do binding arbitration. That is the way it goes. Not too tough to understand.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Re-read the key words I posted (several times). Not too hard ...

"Does a $640 mil settlement, Captain WOW and a corrupt AME ring a bell?"

Could that possibly be what you are talking about? A $640 mil settlement? Let me guess---TWA vs ALPA? That has not played out fully in the courts, and they never did sign up for binding arbitration. Had they, it would have been a bit different. As you will see, it is hard to escape a binding award. Capt Wow? Will that be my eventual Capt moniker? You're probably right about that. And a "corrupt AME ring." Hmmmmm. WHAT???? Aero Medical Examiner? Are you a part of that? Probably. Do you think ALPA has that? Let me guess, you have zero proof. I do have proof that you guys skipped out on a binding award......Those signatures by your group, AWA Alpa, and the company should suffice. And, it will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can relate to the binding award. I was told one thing by my MEC on how it would "pan" out. They were so sure they told us that it was almost a given the judge would side on out favor. They left out some minor things such as.....facts. History. and precedent on arbitrated seniority lists. I would have not voted the way I did if it were not for the lies (yes an old argument if withholding information is lies) that our ALPA MEC told us at road shows. But yet here I sit with someone with 1/2 of my longevity senior to me and knowing that I will not see a better schedule for about 10 years if I get stuck at this god forsaken place called Pinnacle Airlines. What trust I had for ALPA went out the door at that point but I do know that I am living my binding arbitration and do not envy either side of the fight at is going on at Airways.

I can relate to the binding award. I was told one thing by my MEC on how it would "pan" out. They were so sure they told us that it was almost a given the judge would side on out favor. They left out some minor things such as.....facts. History. and precedent on arbitrated seniority lists. I would have not voted the way I did if it were not for the lies (yes an old argument if withholding information is lies) that our ALPA MEC told us at road shows. But yet here I sit with someone with 1/2 of my longevity senior to me and knowing that I will not see a better schedule for about 10 years if I get stuck at this god forsaken place called Pinnacle Airlines. What trust I had for ALPA went out the door at that point but I do know that I am living my binding arbitration and do not envy either side of the fight at is going on at Airways.

Good post. I hope you get something soon and get out of there. Binding arbitration is a gamble, but it is fair because someone or a group on the "outside" with nothing to gain except the fee for the process, looks at the situation and decides what is fair. It is true your side has to be prepared and give a good case in front of the panel of neutrals. If they don't, then any side could be screwed. Apparently Nicolau didn't agree with the DOH stance early on, and even mentioned to the East side that they may want to negotiate more with the West to get an agreement, but they decided to stand strong with DOH, which didn't happen. Blame ALPA, or blame your elected officials, but a hint like that was important. And, both sides agreed to have that arbitrator. When it's all over, everyone can blame the arbitrator and not each other, which is a good thing. But, disagreeing and trying to avoid it is just plane wrong. Each decision has an explanation attached too, which may need to be read again by many on here.

Good luck XJ, I hope you get what you want.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back