• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways attending Aero Crew Solutions Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In your efforts to deny that there is such an animal as a third list pilot, Taco, you defined what one is, however inadvertently.

Anyone hired now will be going East for the near future and will work under the East contract. In the event of a single contract or most possible outcomes of a merger/aquisition, a third list pilot will be at the tail end of any new seniority list.

This is only significant for original west pilots who have voluntarily come to the East operation, and the few third list new hires like myself who temporarily are ahead of them. Someday, and justly I feel, I will lose company wide seniority to them. If more return after you, you will be in the same situation.

It is all, like the seniority dispute, largely not relevant to a new hire except that it means you and all US Airways pilots will remain the lowest paid in teh industry. Expect this to remain the same game for at least a couple more years.

Must be able to define Final and Binding, apply it to a sentence. Must be able to know how a 2 year pilot jumps over a 15 year pilot in a single sentence. What is the history of Mid Atlantic and how does that relate to your retirement. Prolapsed Colon is it an OJI?

I would like to start off saying that this is not flame bait, but strictly an outsider looking in. I’m a 135 guy looking to get out. US is my choice only because I live near PHL and can take the train to the airport. That said; I understand the premise that if anyone (within a union) is to get furloughed it to be the highest number or in this case the 3rd listers. Now saying that the 2 list ( west and east) get combined then the 3rd why would anyone be furloughed? The way I see it is US is hiring on a need, so even after the lists are combined there are planes to be flown unless of course there are west guys out on furlough. Again I am not up on the 121 side of things so I don’t know the ins and outs.
If you prefer to PM me with a logical answer and not that either side is poopoo head. Please do. I don’t care what side is what, I just want a paycheck.

IMHO. The only potential for a furlough would be through an AMR merger with sever divesting of flight ops (dropping routes). It is unlikely that divesting could out pace retirements. Both airlines are going to lose half their pilots in 5 years. US Air is a good bet for fast movement in the majors with or without an AMR merger. New hires need not worry about the East/West fight. As long as the airlines run separate ops upgrade times will be short—fast movement until a better contract leaving a way to see the glass half full.

West pilots typically point out low pay, but the East are making more $ than what they would without the seniority they're preserving with low pay... I think the status quo will remain until court ruling or a merger.

Last edited:
There is only one list. The Nicolau award. It might not be implemented yet, but it will be the list in any combination. Even if there is a merger, the Nicolau award will be the list used in the new integration. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you get off LOA 93.

FO4Life asked for no poo. This looks like poo. :pimp:

FO4Life: The only place you will find poo about this is on the message boards.
PS. Don't let people know that poo bothers you. Poo happens all the time and dealing with it is part of being a pilot. :D

Last edited:
FO4Life asked for no poo. This looks like poo. :pimp:

FO4Life: The only place you will find poo about this is on the message boards.
PS. Don't let people know that poo bothers you. Poo happens all the time and dealing with it is part of being a pilot. :D

C'mon now this is US, we all get to eat poo poo sandwiches. Yours tastes like LOA 93 and ours tastes like; all the new hires go to the side with the cheap contract. Mmmm Mmm, yummy. :D

Latest resources

Back